Aeon Labs MultiSensor (DSB05)

Posted on
Wed May 29, 2013 5:35 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Aeon Labs MultiSensor (DSB05)

Use the Variable Actions->Insert Device State into Variable to put the lux value from the sensor into a variable whenever it changes. Then you can use the variable from AppleScript.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:30 pm
ftp30 offline

Hi There,

is there an easy way to grasp the time at which an update was received from one of the sensors and put it in a control
i.e.

Control Page :

Temperature = 22 C updated 03:55am 25/06/2013
Humidity = 57% updated 03:58am 25/06/2013
Luminance = 255 updated 04:08am 25/06/2013

Motion = ON updated 04:08am 25/06/2013

I am able to do everything but the Time stamp for the update, I know that I sound "lazy" but I am not terribly familiar nor with Applescript and/or with Pyton, if there is an easy "system" way I would love to learn it, if I need to write a script, would any good-will volonteer to give the first indication and than I will implement it from there.

Thanks for your Support

Francesco

Posted on
Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The simplest way is to create a trigger for each of those devices that watches for any change in the value. The action of the trigger would be to insert a timestamp (via the "Variable Actions->Insert Timestamp into Variable" action) into a variable then display the variable on your control page. No scripting required.

At some point in the future we may expose the Last Updated value for a device so that it can be used on a control page - but until then the above will work fine.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:08 pm
ftp30 offline

I don't buy a lot of software, but if there is money I felt spent well, it was was for your Product and your customer Support.

Thanks!!

Francesco

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:58 pm
Dewster35 offline

Can someone speak about the response time when compared to the insteon motion sensors?

With the polling, is that more related to the temperature/humidity/light level readings as opposed to motion? Put another way, do I have to poll to see motion or will it send a motion command immediately that can be read by indigo? I assume the latter, but I don't want to assume anything.

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Motion will be instant, but there is the typical delay between On->Off->On cycles. That is, it reports motion and the state goes to ON and then won't report motion unless enough time passes that Off is sent to indicate no motion.

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:08 pm
Dewster35 offline

matt (support) wrote:
Motion will be instant, but there is the typical delay between On->Off->On cycles. That is, it reports motion and the state goes to ON and then won't report motion unless enough time passes that Off is sent to indicate no motion.

I think I follow. This is similar behavior to the insteon motion sensors. Will the non motion time until off is broadcast be handled similarly to how it is handled with the insteon sensors? Right now I have it set to the hardware minimum of 30 seconds and indigo can allow that state to go beyond until the actual device is turned off.

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:46 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Correct, there is a Device Setting UI to change the Off Delay, as well as a setting to change the Reporting Interval for the temperature/humidity/luminosity sensors. It all (hardware and Indigo's interface with it) seems to work very well, IMO.

Posted on
Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:15 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

TodaysTopTech just posted a video that shows how quickly Indigo reacts to the MultiSensor movement.

Posted on
Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:18 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Also note that MacHomeStore.com has a good price on the MultiSensor right now. Given it is really 4 sensors-in-one, that comes out to just $13.75 per sensor. :-)

Posted on
Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:22 am
Dewster35 offline

matt (support) wrote:
Also note that MacHomeStore.com has a good price on the MultiSensor right now. Given it is really 4 sensors-in-one, that comes out to just $13.75 per sensor. :-)

Nice! I would have gotten them through the Norm but I had purchased 2 from amazon just a couple of days before that sale. I'd get more, but I want to be sure it works in my environment and I'm happy with how it reacts.

Posted on
Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:26 pm
Dewster35 offline

matt (support) wrote:
Correct, there is a Device Setting UI to change the Off Delay, as well as a setting to change the Reporting Interval for the temperature/humidity/luminosity sensors. It all (hardware and Indigo's interface with it) seems to work very well, IMO.

Ok... I'm a bit confused. The way the insteon motion sensors work, the off delay is tacked onto the end of the hardware off delay that is built into the motion sensor.

However, it seems that the setup for these is a little different.

Looking at the manual, this statement is in the aeotech multi sensory:

"The 4 minutes delay time can be changed through the usage of Z-Wave command built into Z-Wave certified controllers/gateways. The specific Z-Wave command supporting this function is Configuration Command Class. Please consult the operation manual for these controllers / gateways for specific instructions on setting the Multisensor."

I set the delay to 30 seconds in indigo (plus another 30 seconds for the device to send it's off command). However, the device itself doesn't turn "off" for motion until after 4 minutes of non motion. What I would like to do is have this closer to the 1 minute delay of off motion. Any advice on how to go about trying to get this sort of functionality?

Posted on
Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:53 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

What did the Event Log show? Note that Indigo cannot change the setting immediately -- it has to wait until the next time the module sends an "I'm Awake" command, then it changes the setting. The Event Log should show the details.

Posted on
Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:36 pm
Dewster35 offline

matt (support) wrote:
What did the Event Log show? Note that Indigo cannot change the setting immediately -- it has to wait until the next time the module sends an "I'm Awake" command, then it changes the setting. The Event Log should show the details.

Ahh... so that setting IS the hardware and indigo setting until an off command is sent??

Posted on
Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Dewster35 wrote:
Ahh... so that setting IS the hardware and indigo setting until an off command is sent??

Correct, since Indigo can reliably control this setting on the MultiSensor (it just may take a while for the setting to get pushed to the device on its next awake command) there is no need for the Indigo delay logic. So whenever the sensor sends the OFF command Indigo always immediately turns off the state in the UI.