Aeon Labs MultiSensor (DSB05)

Posted on
Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:29 pm
Juggler offline

Re: Aeon Labs MultiSensor (DSB05)

I did not realize that... makes me realize I need to read up on Z-wave a little more.

That did the trick... thanks!

Posted on
Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:40 pm
DaveL17 offline

Good deal. Thanks for reporting back.

Cheers,
dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:33 pm
Juggler offline

matt (support) wrote:
I have noticed that if I wake my MultiSensor up and send it lots of commands (define/sync it, change settings, etc.) then apparently the entire unit warms up and I start getting higher temperatures. If I put it back to sleep and wait for it to broadcast out the temperature then it goes back down (to what I think is closer to the ambient room temperature).

I have on my ToDo list to add Indigo sensor level temperature adjustments, so that you can have Indigo convert between C & F and also offset the temperature to give it a better baseline. I'm not sure when I'll get to that, but it is on my wish list.

Now that I've got my MultiSensor working with Indigo... were you ever able to have it report in ºC?

Posted on
Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:22 pm
virgahyatt offline

Reporting interval

Hi just got one of these for christmas and trying to use it primarily to monitor light and temperature conditions. I need to increase the reporting interval. I saw it mentioned a couple of times but no info on how. It is usb powered so not worried about battery. But right now it is reporting about every 30 minutes and I need at least 15 but would prefer 5 minutes.

-Thanks

Posted on
Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:34 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Double-click the Motion Sensor device it created then press the Edit Device Settings... button in the dialog. From there you should be able to adjust the wake interval.

Posted on
Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:45 am
SSteve offline

What triggers the DSB05 to send a battery level message? It doesn't seem to happen at every wake interval.

Posted on
Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:41 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

To conserve battery, Indigo only polls out the battery status a couple of times a day.

Posted on
Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:56 am
Analog Kid offline

I'm having a problem where the Multisensor is sort of erratically reporting motion and not-motion. It's in an empty hallway looking at a blank door, no pets. I've played with the sensitivity setting, but it seems like when I dial it down far enough to stop that behavior, it stops noticing me walking through.

The other problem though is that it seems to get stuck in states-- it will report motion and then never turn off. Once it's in that state it won't report motion again either.

Anybody else having that problem? Is there any way to shake it out of that state?

The iOS application actually lets me send an off command to the sensor to get it out of the motion state, but the Mac application doesn't. I wonder if being able to would let me script a timeout.

Posted on
Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:35 am
howartp offline

Analog Kid wrote:
I'm having a problem where the Multisensor is sort of erratically reporting motion and not-motion.

The iOS application actually lets me send an off command to the sensor to get it out of the motion state, but the Mac application doesn't. I wonder if being able to would let me script a timeout.

Is there a factory-reset facility for these devices? Sounds like it's got itself confused.

As a temporary idea regarding your timeout suggestion, can you script the Off in an indigo Python script? - if the Touch UI allows you to send off, but the Mac UI doesn't, it's possible the IOM will let you send an Off to the device by script.

Posted on
Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:39 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Doing the OFF from IT only resets the state in Indigo - it doesn't cause the device itself to do anything. I'd try taking the battery out and leaving it out for a bit and then putting it back in to see if that will reset it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:55 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Some Z-Wave modules restore back to factory defaults if you exclude (and then re-include) them from the controller (Z-Stick). I'm not sure if the MultiSensor is one that does that or not.

Posted on
Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:24 pm
T-Power offline

Hello Good People,

Can some one please explain how to speak a device state?
I have a DSB05 outside I would like it to speak the outdoor temperature every few hours.

T.I.A.

MacMini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB DDR3
Indigo Pro 2022.1 macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Posted on
Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:28 pm
DaveL17 offline

T-Power wrote:
Hello Good People,

Can some one please explain how to speak a device state?
I have a DSB05 outside I would like it to speak the outdoor temperature every few hours.

T.I.A.

I posted this thread to provide a How To for speaking the weather, and the Python script could be easily adapted to suit your purposes.

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=12818

Posted on
Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:05 pm
T-Power offline

Thank you Dave,
I had been looking at your work I got lost at the part "Then, add a corresponding 'indigo.server.speak' block to the next section to establish what Indigo will say, and how it will say it."
I am just learning apple script and having had any experience with python, so honestly I currently dont understand how to retrofit your code to create my simple setup of speaking the outside weather every few hours.

Any more tips?
If I can get one I know I'll soon be off and running :)

T.I.A.

MacMini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB DDR3
Indigo Pro 2022.1 macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Posted on
Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:20 pm
DaveL17 offline

T-Power wrote:
Thank you Dave,
I had been looking at your work I got lost at the part "Then, add a corresponding 'indigo.server.speak' block to the next section to establish what Indigo will say, and how it will say it."
I am just learning apple script and having had any experience with python, so honestly I currently dont understand how to retrofit your code to create my simple setup of speaking the outside weather every few hours.

Any more tips?
If I can get one I know I'll soon be off and running :)

T.I.A.

Here is one example, just about as simple as it can be using Python:
Code: Select all
dev = indigo.devices[123]
speakMe = dev.states["STATE NAME"]
indigo.server.speak("Hi. My name is %s. My voice is my passport. Verify me." % speakMe)
For the first line, replace '123' with the device ID number of the device that holds the information you want the server to speak.
for the second line, replace 'STATE NAME' with the state name of the information you want spoken. It will come from the device in line 1.
For the third line, replace the text within the quotes with whatever you wish--with the exception of the '%s' part which will be replaced by the value of variable 'speakMe' which you have established in the second line.

Once you get the hang of it, my other examples will make more sense. It's simply a repetition of the above. Feel free to ask any questions if this is still blurry.
Dave

Page 9 of 14 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14