INSTEON Motion Sensor

Posted on
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:15 am
jphauck offline

Re: INSTEON Motion Sensor

I feel like I have tried everything to change the flashing on these new motion sensor 2 units.

They are awesome motion sensors. They are super responsive, and with the USB power adapter the battery issue is gone.

However I have had to resort to covering the bedroom unit when I go to sleep because of the extremely bright LED flash for motion that in a dark room is crazy.

Anyone have any luck changing that setting? I have tried everything I can think of.

Jim

Jim H.
Concord, CA

Posted on
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:12 am
kelmk offline

jphauck wrote:
I feel like I have tried everything to change the flashing on these new motion sensor 2 units.

They are awesome motion sensors. They are super responsive, and with the USB power adapter the battery issue is gone.

However I have had to resort to covering the bedroom unit when I go to sleep because of the extremely bright LED flash for motion that in a dark room is crazy.

Anyone have any luck changing that setting? I have tried everything I can think of.

Jim

I can’t get the light to turn off either. I have tried through the Insteon app with no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:14 am
jalves offline

jphauck wrote:

Jim

Don't know if this will work for you, but there is a raw command that turns off some pilot light type things (dimmer switches and fanlinks). I used it to turn off the LED's in my fan links to keep them from glowing in a dark room. Might be worth a try for the motion sensor.
Interfaces > Insteon/X10 Powerline > Execute Raw Insteon Command

Select Device from list
Command 1 Byte 0x20
Command 2 Byte 0x08 [turns them OFF] 0x09 [turns them ON]
Check "send extended message"

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:28 pm
jphauck offline

Tried that raw command and what it says I am executing does not match what I typed.

Tried on a ceiling fan and a motion sensor - results:

Error "Office - Sensor - Motion" raw insteon command; failed (checksum invalid)
INSTEON Commands Error Command didn't return successfully. Here's the command sent: [32, 8]

Error "Office - Light - Cieling Fan" raw insteon command; failed (checksum invalid)
Error "Office - Fan - Cieling" raw insteon command; failed (checksum invalid)
INSTEON Commands Error Command didn't return successfully. Here's the command sent: [32, 8]

Jim H.
Concord, CA

Posted on
Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:44 pm
Traumatized1 offline

Re: INSTEON Motion Sensor 2

I have a new insteon motion 2. I have out working to send on command to trigger light.
It seems to work well but two nights ago it started sending out a button 19 on command every 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Does anyone know what this is and how to stop it?

Thanks

Rf
Attachments
BB65515D-62FE-43B7-B5E5-174191A17B0A.jpeg
BB65515D-62FE-43B7-B5E5-174191A17B0A.jpeg (330.14 KiB) Viewed 10964 times

Posted on
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:02 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not sure what group/button 19 broadcasts mean from that module (the module's manual, unfortunately, isn't helpful in that regard). Did you try removing/reinstalling the batteries to see if that gets it to stop? If not I'd suggest you try a factory reset and then resync it with Indigo.

Posted on
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:41 pm
jphauck offline

I just started getting those as well on a new motion sensor. What is that all about?

Jim H.
Concord, CA

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:14 pm
Traumatized1 offline

I have been out of town.
Reset did not work.
I bought an Insteon Hub to program motion since the Indigo support for it is suboptimal.
The button 19 on went away for a while then came back.

I have no problem with indigo as I receive the ON that i need to trigger a dog flood motion to go on. With a software off command.

The button 19 ever 30 seconds os annoying.

Please advise.

Thanks

Rf

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:55 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not sure what that group number is about. The newer motion sensor is poorly documented. We'll try to get the details from Smarthome again.

Posted on
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:00 am
Traumatized1 offline

Thank you very much

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:15 am
Traumatized1 offline

This is driving me nuts.

Any idea for Insteon motion 2

received button 19 on every minute.

Thanks

Rf

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:19 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm going to try contacting Smarthome again for technical documentation, but in the mean time I suggest you call their customer support and/or post on this forum to see if you can find out how to prevent it from sending that message.

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:42 pm
jphauck offline

I finally just pulled my unit that was doing this motion call mentioned above. I replaced it with a new unit and it was fine. The only thing different I did when I first install this was to replace a previous generation MD and just resync. That might be the problem I dont know.

Jim H.
Concord, CA

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:54 pm
Traumatized1 offline

There is a problem with the version 2 motion detector. It has a temp sensor that sends out this every minute button 19 on at a certain tempoeorature. This kills th battery life to under 4 weeks in a cold climate. No way to turn it off.

Flaw with insteon motion 2 outdoors in the cold. They need to fix it.

Very disappointed in it.

Rf

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:49 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Traumatized1 wrote:
There is a problem with the version 2 motion detector. It has a temp sensor that sends out this every minute button 19 on at a certain tempoeorature. This kills th battery life to under 4 weeks in a cold climate. No way to turn it off.

Did you hear that from Smarthome support, or find it online somewhere? I'm curious as to what the conditions are (specific temperature) when it starts sending out the message.

Page 5 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9