First Alert Wireless Smoke & Fire Alarm (ZSMOKE/ZCOMBO)

Posted on
Fri May 13, 2022 10:11 am
anyone offline

Re: First Alert Wireless Smoke & Fire Alarm (ZSMOKE/ZCOMBO)

Costco has these on sale as a 3-Pack until 5/26/2022 for $80 (item: 1335046)

I'm still using Indigo 2012.2 and have configured three (3) of these to match the RAW packets received, thanks for that Matt. I even went as far to test with some Smoke Detector Tester Spray, just to be 100% sure they were configured correctly.

As I read thru this thread again, the PDF shared suggested that CO Alarms can be distinguished from Fire Alarms with:

Command Class
Notification (0x71)

Notification Type
CO(0x02)

Notification Event
0x02

Would the following catch a CO Alarm based on that?

Code: Select all
* 0x71 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xFF 0x02 0x02 *

Posted on
Fri May 13, 2022 3:28 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

anyone wrote:
Would the following catch a CO Alarm based on that?

* 0x71 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xFF 0x02 0x02 *

It will be that, or possibly this:

* 0x71 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xFF 0x02 0x01 *

So you could create Triggers for both just to be safe. I'd recommend using Indigo 2022.1 since it has a device definition and will create a CO Alarm on/off device you can directly Trigger off of. Its device definition sets the state to ON for either 0x02 0x01 or 0x02 0x02.

Posted on
Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:39 am
eliot offline

Have the First Alert Hardwared with battery backup and the Z-Wave built into it. But Icannot figure out how to connect it to my Indigo system. I have the Z-Wave aeotec Dtick. Please help

Posted on
Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:18 am
DaveL17 offline

Since the ZSMOKE/ZCOMBO devices are battery-powered, you have to wake them up in order to include them into the Z-Stick. You can do this by pulling the battery tray out, count to 5, and then slide the battery tray back in.

If you need broader help on how to include Z-Wave devices into Indigo, check this page:
https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id=z-wave&#including_excluding_a_device_in_a_z-wave_network

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:55 pm
eliot offline

Thank you very much, I will try that

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:47 am
kevinfriedly offline

I am having trouble getting my First Alert Smoke /Fire/Carbon Monoxide device to connect. I use a z-stick and it includes fine except that the system thinks it is a generic Notification Sensor not a Smoke Sensor. Also,even though device appears in my list of addable devices, it won't synch. I've tried numerous time and it includes and excludes each time but never will synch nor will it recognize the device as anything other than a generic Notification Sensor.

Any suggestions?

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:48 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Please re-sync it and copy/paste the Event Log window results into a forum reply so we can see exactly how it identifies itself to Indigo. We probably just need to match it with a device definition.

Posted on
Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:19 pm
eliot offline

I am finally getting around to adding the First Alert and still cannot get it to be added
New device, Pick the Z-Wave Protocol, the dialog box that pops up opens up on top of the other on, Near the bottom it states "sync using node: I have my z wave items but I don't see the First alert. Can use one of my other z-wave as part of the mesh network-correct?) so I picked the z-wave outlet that is physically close(Pot Shelves) to it, clicked on sync and it closed the first dialog box. it uses the node but now on the device list the Z-wave outlet already in my system which is for the pot shelves is now grayed out. They both have 2 as their node. Adding it took away the use of the pot shelves outlet (that has dimming ) I have not seen the First Alert Smoke detector pop up anywhere. Mine First Alert are the AC & battery powers, wired in with the other smoke detectors. I tried unplugging it and taking out the batteries. I also do not see any kind of reset switch. Please help
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 4.14.20 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 4.14.20 PM.png (172.88 KiB) Viewed 5233 times

Posted on
Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:27 pm
DaveL17 offline

I don't think the smoke alarms are properly included in the Z-Stick. Try re-including them in the stick. If they won't include, try excluding them and then re-include them.

Mine show up as model: "Smoke / Carbon Monoxide Alarm (ZCOMBO)".

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]