INSTEON Motion Sensor

Posted on
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: INSTEON Motion Sensor

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm glad to hear the jumper technique helped reduce the sensitivity.

Posted on
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:45 am
nanochow offline

Can't seem to prevent my motion sensor(2844-222) from sending commands during the daytime. I tried setting the day/night sensitivity to "1" and even "0", but the sensor is still responding during the daytime. Also tried "254" and "255" settings just in case I had my logic reversed, but to no avail. Is there another command I must send the sensor to enable it to "night mode"?

Posted on
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:15 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't believe that's possible (though I admit I'm not an expert on the MSII).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:53 pm
dduff617 offline

"night mode" is a settable parameter, as are the other holdovers from MS1 including darkness threshold, on-only mode, and LED on/off, and of course the motion timeout.

i have no direct hands-on experience with MSII (thus I am also definitely not an expert), however you can see from the published docs (p. 14) that these functions are supported by the Insteon hub.

...or of course the manuals could just be wrong.

Posted on
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:29 pm
nanochow offline

I was able to get the "day/night sensitivity" setting to work in Indigo by first enabling night mode via the iOS Insteon App. It would be great if Indigo can add a "Set Motion Sensor to Night Mode" command to its "Interfaces" menu.

Posted on
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:47 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Seems likely that it's possible somehow given it's in the Insteon App docs. I'll add this to the feature request list to investigate for future versions.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn