INSTEON MorningLinc

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 6:41 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: INSTEON MorningLinc

Hi Karl.

I don't know what the current favorite of the Indigo community is, but I've been using a Kwikset 99140-019 Z-Wave keypad lock with Indigo since about October 2019. It's not fully supported by Indigo, but when used with the free Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager plugin, it works quite well. The plugin allows you to set, change and remove users (codes) from the lock. The lock only supports Z-Wave as a remote control, so no built-in Alexa, Google Assistant or HomeKit integration (I use HomeKit Bridge to make it available to HomeKit though). If you don't want a keypad or want a different style, there are other Z-Wave locks out there too.

Posted on
Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: INSTEON MorningLinc

+1 on Kwikset locks - I've had a couple of iterations. The most recent is a little more finicky as it uses a touch screen (targeting the 0 area seems somewhat tricky for me), and it also had some issues with Z-Wave inclusion that the older ones didn't, but I'm satisfied.

BTW, you don't have to use the ZWave lock manager plugin if you don't want to manage codes through Indigo - standard lock/unlock works fine without it. It is very convenient though even if you don't set codes much/often.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn