How to graph temp and humidity

Posted on
Thu May 23, 2013 9:13 am
arwatson2000 offline

How to graph temp and humidity

Can anyone give me guidance on how to graph over time temp and humidity from temp / humid sensors? I have 4 in total at 2 different locaitons.

thank you very much,
- andrew

Posted on
Mon May 27, 2013 11:03 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to graph temp and humidity

Hi Andrew,

There are a few different approaches to this, but you might want to start with this thread.

Posted on
Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:45 am
arwatson2000 offline

Matt, I am struggling with this a bit and am having trouble tracking this thread. Can you give me a few steps to get going or a general direction. Just bought 6! thank you.

Posted on
Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:30 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I haven't used cosm.com yet, so your best bet for help will be to post on that other thread I think. I would start by trying to use the script posted here. Note you'll need to create the cosm.com account to get your key, feed ID, and data stream ID that need to be filled into the top of the script.

The other trick is you need to get your temperature and humidity values into variables so that they can be accessed by AppleScript. So create new Indigo variables for each value you want to plot, then you will need to create a trigger or schedule that periodically copies the device state into the variable value. You'll use the action Type Variable Actions->Insert Device State into Variable Value to copy it into the variable. Then you'll modify this line of the AppleScript to have your variable name instead of "tvPower":

Code: Select all
set tvPower to value of variable "tvPower"

Ideally this would be done using a python script instead of an AppleScript, because python can directly access the device states (so you wouldn't need to copy the device state into a variable value). Or even better maybe someone will create a plugin that does all of this automatically without any need for scripting.

Page 1 of 1