iTunes 11 & Applescript

Posted on
Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:59 pm
Dewster35 offline

iTunes 11 & Applescript

If anyone is curious about the iTunes 11 experience, I recently updated and I'm sharing my results.

Keep in mind that I don't use the itunes plugin for Indigo. From what I understand, iTunes 11 completely breaks this plugin.

I'm using a modified version of the airfoil-itunes-pandora boy status scripts, but I'm using streambox (mac app store) rather than pandora boy.

I'm sure it's been posted elsewhere, but both shuffle and repeat control are broken from a script standpoint. You can get the current status of it, but you cannot change it.

There have been multiple scripts out there to create a genius playlist from an existing song that is playing in iTunes. Sadly this is broken as well it seems. This is one of my most used "playlists" too. Loading and playing regular playlists still functions.

The album art script that pulls in either streambox or itunes album art still seems to be intact in all of my testing so far.

I will post anything else I come across, but rather than being stuck on iTunes 10 & FOMO from here to eternity, I figured I would just upgrade and see what all it broke.

No real deal breakers for me... obviously if you're using the plugin, you'll want to stay on 10, but based on the above, I am happy I upgraded.

Posted on
Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:52 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: iTunes 11 & Applescript

FYI - Indigo 6 b6 (just released) fixes the iTunes 11 problem with the iTunes plugin.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1