Applescript Speech sever to listen for part of a command

Posted on
Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:27 am
aaron994 offline

Applescript Speech sever to listen for part of a command

Right now I have a script written to prepare my master bedroom for me to go to sleep. I use one of four voice commands to set this script in motion. My only gripe is that I have to say any four of these commands exactly as I have typed them in the "listen for" block. Is there a way to have the speech sever listen for just part of a command. Example:

The server is listening for the response "going to bed" after prompting. I want to be able to say "I am going to bed", We are going to bed", "Mr and Mrs Awesome are going to bed" etc. and still have the script execute just by having the server hear the phrase "going to bed"

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

Posted on
Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:08 am
T-Power offline

Re: Applescript Speech sever to listen for part of a command

Hello aaron994,

While I do not have an answer to your question, would you mind sharing your hardware setup?
I haven't used any AppleSpeech scripts since MacOS9. What kind of mic are you using?
How far is the mic from the computer?

T.I.A.

MacMini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB DDR3
Indigo Pro 2022.1 macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Posted on
Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:52 am
ckeyes888 offline

Re: Applescript Speech sever to listen for part of a command

Found theses two threads on the forum. Haven't used this one: http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1003&hilit=voice+script

but have tried this one: http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8201&hilit=voice+control

and is fast and great fun, albeit cumbersome to get to the variable you
speak the text into. Maybe some way to merge the two.

Carl

Page 1 of 1