KPL Looping Solutions?

Posted on
Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:13 am
ryanbuckner offline

KPL Looping Solutions?

I've posted about this before, and I've checked my triggers on my KPL. They are all very standard (on/off , sync LEDs). They work perfectly when you are patient with the button pressing, but as soon as you (or a 4 year old) press 4 buttons really quickly the system goes haywire. Collisions happen, errors are thrown, and it results in a loop, every time.

My question is whether there is any way to programmatically detect these collisions or loops and have Indigo reset comms to the KPL (which seems to be the manual solution)

Posted on
Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:42 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: KPL Looping Solutions?

There is the action to Reset Interface Communication that I think will probably stop the looping, but creating the logic to know when to fire it will be tricky.

I think the solution might be to rework some of the logic you are using to manage the KPL LEDS, etc. Can you post event logs showing the looping along with details of the logic you have defined (Triggers, etc.)?

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Ok, here we go:

Config = 6 button KPL

{Triggers}
Lexi's KPL Button 1 ON - When button 1 becomes ON Always turn Brightness to 100% for Lexi's Room Fan - Light (Fanlinc)
Lexi's KPL Button 1 OFF- When button 1 becomes OFF Always turn OFF Lexi's Room Fan - Light (Fanlinc)
Lexi's KPL Button 3 ON - When button 3 becomes ON Always resume last speed Lexi's Room Fan - Fan (Fanlinc)
Lexi's KPL Button 3 OFF - When button 3 becomes OFF Always turn OFF Lexi's Room Fan - Fan (Fanlinc)
Lexi's KPL Button 4 ON- When button 4 becomes ON Always turn ON Lexi's Lantern (ApplianceLinc)
Lexi's KPL Button 4 OFF- When button 4 becomes OFF Always turn OFF Lexi's Lantern (ApplianceLinc)
Lexi's KPL Button 5 ON- When button 5 becomes ON Always execute action group to set Lexi's sleep mode and then turn off button 5 LED
Lexi's KPL Button 6 ON- When button 6 becomes ON Always turn ON Lexi's Humidifier (ApplianceLinc)
Lexi's KPL Button 6 OFF- When button 6 becomes OFF Always turn OFF Lexi's Humidifier (ApplianceLinc)
KPL LED For Lexi's Lantern Sync ON - When Lexi's Lantern becomes ON Always Turn ON Keypad button 4 on Lexi's Room KPL (KPL)
KPL LED For Lexi's Lantern Sync OFF - When Lexi's Lantern becomes OFF Always Turn OFF Keypad button 4 on Lexi's Room KPL (KPL)
KPL Sync For Lexi's Room Fan Sync ON - When Lexi's Room Fan - Fan becomes ON Always Turn ON Keypad button 3 on Lexi's Room KPL (KPL)
KPL Sync For Lexi's Room Fan Sync OFF - When Lexi's Room Fan - Fan becomes OFF Always Turn OFF Keypad button 3 on Lexi's Room KPL (KPL)
KPL Sync For Lexi's Room Humidifier Sync ON - When Lexi's Humidifier becomes ON Always Turn ON Keypad button 6 on Lexi's Room KPL (KPL)
KPL Sync For Lexi's Room Humidifier Sync OFF - When Lexi's Humidifier becomes OFF Always Turn OFF Keypad button 6 on Lexi's Room KPL (KPL)

{Action Groups}
Set Lexi's Sleep Mode -
1) Turn OFF Lexi's Lantern
2) Set brightness of device Lexi's Room Fan - Light to 20%
3) Set Leix's Room Fan - Fan speed to low
4) Turn on Lexi's Humidifier
5) Turn on Lexi's Heater (not controlled by KPL)

I'll update this with the log showing the loop. Is this descriptive enough?

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

ryanbuckner wrote:
I'll update this with the log showing the loop. Is this descriptive enough?

I'm not sure. Once I have the Event Log showing the loop I want to try to follow what is occurring with the logic. So I'll know more once I see the looping in the log.

Page 1 of 1