Application not running in 10.8 AppleScripts

Posted on
Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:42 am
sandconformgorgecloud offline

Application not running in 10.8 AppleScripts

Hello.
So thanks for the last update... but while googling "application not running applescript" I can only find your page and another software saying "workaround" for this particular problem. I can't find anything about this on the web.

Can you help me and say what I have to change ? I have a lot of scripts working outside Indigo and they give the same problem :(

And worst it makes my server crashing :(

I would appreciate :)
thanks

Posted on
Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Application not running in 10.8 AppleScripts

I wish to add that yesterday after this error and my crash, I discoverd that the lines :

[…] tell application "IndigoServer"
if (variable ("Bus_N1") exists) then
[…]

was causing this. So I updated from 5.1.4 to 5.1.5 successfully. But after the crash of today (and I have no idea of what caused this crash), I'm again facing this message. And I'm still under 5.1.5 ...

(and after reinstalling 5.1.5 which did not asked a restart... it works... :( too strange for me)

Posted on
Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:54 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm a bit confused. Are you currently seeing the problem right now? And have you tried restarting your Mac to see if that helps?

Choose the Indigo 5->About Indigo menu item. What does it show for the version numbers (for both the client and the server)?

Posted on
Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:59 am

I am confused too... :cry:

The version is 5.1.5. After the crash the mac restarted by itself, but IndigoServer was not. So I started it via the client on the mac (remotely) and it was still 5.1.5 in about and in the log. But the scripts was not working. After reinstalling Indigo (without the restart asked) it works...

But it's two times in a row that it makes this

Posted on
Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:17 pm

aw it's worst than that. After a normal restart I have the same problem again :( but still in 5.1.5
:( I think I'm good to reinstall my server

damn 

Posted on
Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:26 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Note that, under 10.8, it can take quite a while for the OS to launch Indigo Server after reboot (I'm presuming you have the Auto start Indigo Server on user login option enabled in Indigo's Start Local Server dialog)

Try restarting your Mac, then wait 5 minutes after it restarts (don't do anything during this time) and copy/paste into the Terminal:

Code: Select all
cat ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.perceptiveautomation.IndigoServer2.plist
launchctl list | grep ndigo
ps -axww | grep ndigo

Next, copy/paste the results back to a forum reply, then try your AppleScript and describe what you see in detail.

Posted on
Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:38 pm

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Label</key>
<string>com.perceptiveautomation.IndigoServer2</string>
<key>KeepAlive</key>
<false/> <!-- Would like to use true, but we want to keep the IS process alive, not the /usr/bin/open command. -->
<key>RunAtLoad</key>
<true/>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>/usr/bin/open</string>
<string>-a</string>
<string>/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/IndigoServer.app</string>
</array>
</dict>
</plist>

366 - [0x0-0x12012].com.perceptiveautomation.indigo-server
- 0 Indigo Server
- 0 com.perceptiveautomation.IndigoServer2

366 ?? 0:01.65 /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/IndigoServer.app/Contents/MacOS/IndigoServer -psn_0_73746
404 ?? 0:01.16 python /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/IndigoWebServer/IndigoWebServer.py -i1176 -w8176 -cfn
440 ttys000 0:00.00 grep ndigo

This time it worked... but I have a lot of errors everywhere.. I don't understand ; I made the update the 25th and it worked quite fine. I updated to 5.1.4 last week as I had this error and then it was working. (I was before at 5.1.2 I think)

Yesterday a crash.. then I updated successfully to 5.1.5 and now everything is messed up :(

I need to reinstall but now I don't know how to save my mysql database and last time I had too much pain with this... :(

Posted on
Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:50 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, the above all looks good. If you can track down the steps between the working case (like above) and when it doesn't work, then let me know. I'm not sure if it is a corrupt system problem, OS 10.8 / Indigo incompatibility, or something else.

Posted on
Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:54 pm

I think nobody should trust  with something called "upgrade"...
Especially with a working server.

I'll let you know after my fresh reinstall ... in 2 weeks :shock:

But thanks for your fast help. I appreciate a lot.

Posted on
Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:40 pm

Some news !
So in fact 10.8 have a lot of bugs. Especially when you do a clean install.
Apps are restored randomly if you don't close your session with the mouse, even with the check box unchecked, shared preferences are not working... a nightmare.
When AppleScript are in login items, they are sometimes run as a restore and not as a login, so the script says "I can't find this app, or System Events"... because Spotlight is not loaded... stupid.
After a week of crashs and problems I'm back on 10.7 :(

So I hope it will work then and I'll update to ML when 10.9 is announced !
:oops:

Page 1 of 1