iTunes conditional auto off on pause

Posted on
Sun May 13, 2012 9:52 am
Korey offline

iTunes conditional auto off on pause

I currently have a trigger to send a power off command to my SSP, whenever iTunes stops playing.

I would like to add a delay into the trigger that would wait until iTunes has been stopped for XX seconds, then send the command.
However, would also like the power off command to be canceled if iTunes has resumed playing within XX amount of time.

I would assume I could have a script launch on pause /stop of iTunes that could determine the amount of time that has elapsed since said action, watch for itunes to resume playing, canceling the power off command if resumed, and if it has not then execute the power down command.

I have searched around and found system idle time scripts, but none the relate to this situation.

Any pointers would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Korey

--
Korey

Posted on
Sun May 13, 2012 4:21 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: iTunes conditional auto off on pause

I suppose you could define the trigger when playstate playing becomes false with a delay on the action that turns of the SSP (whatever that is... ;) ) and then another trigger for when playstate playing becomes true that cancels any delayed actions associated with the trigger above. So, if the delayed action is still there then it'll get cancelled and if it's not then it's a noop.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun May 13, 2012 4:49 pm
Korey offline

Re: iTunes conditional auto off on pause

jay (support) wrote:
I suppose you could define the trigger when playstate playing becomes false with a delay on the action that turns of the SSP (whatever that is... ;) ) and then another trigger for when playstate playing becomes true that cancels any delayed actions associated with the trigger above. So, if the delayed action is still there then it'll get cancelled and if it's not then it's a noop.

Thanks Jay, this works like a charm!

Now my Surround Sound Processor won't be power cycled unnecessarily!

:mrgreen:

--
Korey

Page 1 of 1