New Pandora whole house audio approach with airfoil

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:21 pm
Dewster35 offline

New Pandora whole house audio approach with airfoil

OK... so pandoraboy sucks. We all know it. Memory leaks, crashes, can't auto login upon restart, etc.

I've been messing around with Pandabar in the appstore. It's a nifty little app that runs in your menu.

So the neat thing is that if you run iTunes in it's own space, the same keyboard controls that control iTunes also control panda bar in the other space.

So basically to switch the source...

Pause the existing source, command tab, switch the airfoil source, play the new source. Then all the same controls work for their specific application depending upon which space you're in.

So being extremely weak at both applescript and python, does anyone think this may be a decent solution to tying in pandora to be stable???

http://www.pandabarapp.com
http://www.pandabarapp.com/help

Posted on
Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:35 am
Dewster35 offline

Re: New Pandora whole house audio approach with airfoil

OK... so I've been poking around and I've found this instead.

The application is Pandoras Box and is available in the mac app store for 7.99.

http://www.throwbackapp.com/PandorasBox/About.html

Scriptable and I'm working with the developer directly to trouble shoot my scripts for control and current information.

I've already redone my scripts for pandora boy and they are working flawlessly for the last few days with this application.

Just thought I'd pass this information along as things finally are stable in the world of Pandora for me.

Posted on
Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:58 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Once you've got them done you should submit them to the File Library so everyone else can benefit from your explorations.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:50 am
Dewster35 offline

Right now I am modifying a script for song info already contributed... but for controlling, I have separate scripts for just pandora control. May need some assistance on how to properly submit so it's not a mess.

Posted on
Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:58 pm
Dewster35 offline

jay wrote:
Once you've got them done you should submit them to the File Library so everyone else can benefit from your explorations.

Jay, currently the pandoraboy/itunes/airfoil script for controlling is all in a single script. Is the intent to break up all of these scripts according to their individual functions as separate files or is there a way to call an individual section of the script? I guess I'm just not familiar with how the structure of this functions.

Posted on
Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:36 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't know - it's not my script and I've never used it. Maybe the original author would be interested in getting your changes and releasing the updated version. You can do whatever you want with it in terms of architecture though.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:22 pm
rlust offline

Do you have any script files you can share?
I would be insterested in giving this a try also.

Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:44 pm
ncwes offline

Looks like Pandora's Box was renamed to Streambox and the price is now $4.99 in the App Store. After heading down the PandoraBoy/ PandoraJam rat hole I stumbled upon Streambox and have been able to get it to do what I wanted. I was able to modify the iTunes / AirFoil / PandoraBoy monitoring script (Thanks Doug) to use it instead of PandoraBoy. Originally Doug had posted two applescripts (one for control one for monitoring) but I am using my own scripts for control. I am able to display the current state of the media, turn speakers on and off / adjust volume, skip tracks and change stations from the indigo touch app.

Page 1 of 1