Indigo and Slimserver

Posted on
Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:45 pm
rszmetro offline

Re: Indigo and Slimserver

Well, it finally works. You were right - I couldn't get it to work with iTunes playlists, but when I copied the songs into new playlists created (without spaces in the names) in Squeezecenter. The Indigo Applescripts now work to select the correct playlist, and begin playing.

Your help was amazing and it couldn't have been done without you. I'm a beginner in Applescript, don't know about the inner workings of servers or anything like that, so you pointed me in the right direction and I learned a lot in the process.

Again, thanks so much.

Rob

Rob Z

Posted on
Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:53 pm
macpro offline

I had the same challenge this evening. Trying to get Indigo to play an iTunes playlist on my SqueezeBoxes just wouldn't work. And searching the big web for SqueezeBox and iTunes gives lots of results. Except for the winning result.

Using the telnet CLI interface I was able to get the playlist info for the iTunes playlist that I had "loaded" in the SqueezeBox.
And there I saw that it had a prefix of "itunesplaylist%3A".
So I used this command to start the playlist "NiceMusic" for the player "MusicBox":

Code: Select all
SlimServerPlaySong("itunesplaylist%3ANiceMusic", "MusicBox")

And it works!

Posted on
Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:06 pm
autolog offline

Hi Macpro, just noticed your post.

It may or may not help to take a look at my Squeezebox Controller plugin.

Just mentioning it, in case you weren't aware of it and in case it is of any assistance to you. :)