Security Spy

Posted on
Sat May 08, 2010 12:19 am
mooeymoose offline

Security Spy

I just got security spy and a network camera. I few questions?

Is this all that is needed to set a camera to active mode from indigo?
tell application "SecuritySpy"
active mode camera name "yourCameraNameHere"
end tell

Is there a way to tell a PTZ camera to move to a preset position using applescript?

Jeff
PS

Feel free to post any cool functions that could be done with the two.

Posted on
Mon May 17, 2010 4:09 pm
Matt offline

Re: Security Spy

Did you get an answer to your questions? I am not at my home computer so I cannot check the exact commands right now. If you still need to help with this, let me know.

Posted on
Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:57 am
screen offline

SecuritySpy has a applescript dictionary, you can view all supported applescript syntax by opening it in the script editor. Launch Applescript Editor, File -> Open Dictionary then scroll down to SecuritySpy. I used tho following script to pan my cameras to their home position:

tell application "SecuritySpy"
    ptz home camera name "Camera 1"
end tell

I did try referencing the cameras using the described `camera number` syntax but this didn't work for me. Here's what's defined for ptz:

ptz v : Execute a PTZ command
ptz left/right/up/down/zoomin/zoomout/home/upleft/upright/downleft/downright/preset1/preset2/preset3/preset4/preset5/preset6/preset7/preset8/savepreset1/savepreset2/savepreset3/savepreset4/savepreset5/savepreset6/savepreset7/savepreset8 : The movement type
[camera number integer] : The camera number
[camera name text] : The camera name

Posted on
Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:28 am
mooeymoose offline

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.

Posted on
Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:10 pm
thomasw offline

Hi All,
I used your advice, and got Indigo to send PTZ to my SecuritySpy to move cam to "home" position.
What I need to know is how do I tell it to go to "home" position for let's say 20 seconds, then move
to another ptz position named "Front Right" for 10 seconds, then go back to "Home" position for 20
seconds?
I'm attaching the applescript I have set right now, if you can just tell me what to add to this?
Again, this applescript IS working, and does send the PTZ to SS.
Thanks,
-Tom
Attachments
Screen shot 2015-09-07 at 11.03.01 PM.png
Screen shot 2015-09-07 at 11.03.01 PM.png (72.77 KiB) Viewed 2022 times

Posted on
Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:29 am
FlyingDiver offline

Add more actions to that trigger, for the following moves, but delay them by the appropriate amount using the delay checkbox at the bottom of the window.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:49 pm
durosity offline

Or alternatively use Perry the Cynic's wonderful plugin for SecuritySpy. You can setup all sorts of actions in that and have them scheduled for X times. If you want to be really fancy you can even write scripts for them. This would likely be more stable than using AppleScript as if something hangs that process it'll also hang Indigo and any actions running in it.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:05 pm
thomasw offline

Re: Security Spy-Applescript Solved!

Thanks for the replies Guys!
I fiddled with it, and finally figured out how to do it. I read some of the examples on SecuritySpy's website, along with some examples here in Indigo's forums.
I now have the PTZ camera going to the "home" position front door, whenever someone rings the doorbell, and then go to other PTZ presets for set durations,
and then back. The way my PTZ camera's software works, if it is parked for more than 14 seconds, it automatically goes back to it's Patrol Setting. This makes
it go back to Patrol Scanning of the entire area.
I'm including a screenshot of the Trigger Actions, in case anyone else needs help with this type of Applescript.
Thanks again guys!
-Tom
Attachments
Screen shot 2015-09-08 at 8.04.00 PM.png
Screen shot 2015-09-08 at 8.04.00 PM.png (103.53 KiB) Viewed 1940 times

Page 1 of 1