RCS thermostat web script (ACGI) is now available

Posted on
Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:26 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

RCS thermostat web script (ACGI) is now available

Thanks to Perry Gershon, we now have a thermostat ACGI script that allows web access to multiple RCS thermostats. See the web interface page for the download link (the script is included in the main Indigo ACGI Script download).

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:35 am
fuji0010 offline

(No subject)

The RCS communicating thermostats function as stand alone thermostat subsystems with communications to allow remote data acquisition and control

Posted on
Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:02 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

fuji0010 wrote:
The RCS communicating thermostats function as stand alone thermostat subsystems with communications to allow remote data acquisition and control

Although that is true, I'm not sure I understand your point: are you answering a question in this thread I didn't see? Or just trying to make a post that has a link to your store?

I've deleted the link to your store in your sig for the above post for now.

Posted on
Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:41 pm
JeffB offline

Thermostat differentiators

Not sure I can figure out why someone would go with RCS versus an Insteon enabled unit when the total package seems be of similar cost, even if you're not yet Insteon enabled. Can anyone enlighten me?

Posted on
Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:52 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Thermostat differentiators

I don't think there is a good reason anymore. RCS's thermostat was out before the INSTEON one, so several folks have them. But I would recommend the Venstar thermostat w/ the INSTEON adapter.

Posted on
Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 am
JeffB offline

What about remote temperature probe support...

Hi Matt,

Can Indigo read a remote temperature probe via RCS? I've seen somewhere that it can't do this via Venstar. I'm trying to figure out a setup for thermostat control tied to 1 to 3 remote temp probes. Looks like that means the Venstar plus either an EZIO and some calibration (not clear on this) or a TempTrax, which altogether starts to look pretty pricey and complex!

Posted on
Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:14 am
DPattee offline

(No subject)

The Venstar has 1 thermo built in, and terminals on the back to attach a wireless receiver that can receive from 4 additional thermostats. Those 4 temps are averaged together by the receiver and that is reported to the Venstar. It then theoretically watches that temp and its local temp to figure out what to do.

In reality it doesn't seem to work very well... our 2 story house has only a single heating zone and even with the remote therm the temp downstairs seems to exceed what I set the max/min to be.

You're right that you can't get that temperature info out via the insteon adaptor. Hopefully that is a function of the adaptor itself, and a future revision could have that added. (along with echoing local status changes over insteon)

Posted on
Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:51 am
eme jota ce offline

(No subject)

DPattee wrote:
The Venstar has 1 thermo built in, and terminals on the back to attach a wireless receiver that can receive from 4 additional thermostats. Those 4 temps are averaged together by the receiver and that is reported to the Venstar. It then theoretically watches that temp and its local temp to figure out what to do.

In reality it doesn't seem to work very well... our 2 story house has only a single heating zone and even with the remote therm the temp downstairs seems to exceed what I set the max/min to be.

DPatee,

I'm very interested in your setup using the remote Venstar sensors and your experience that it doesn't work very well.

Have you posted further descriptions anywhere re (1) making the connections, (2) why it doesn't work as well in reality?

[EDIT: I have already checked your blog that is linked via your signature, but only saw the entry that described what you expected in terms of performance back when you did the install]

Thanks,
mjc

Page 1 of 1