Make a trigger via applescript

Posted on
Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:22 pm
gregjsmith offline

Make a trigger via applescript

How would I make a delayed date/time trigger via applescript that executes a applescript?

Posted on
Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:22 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Make a trigger via applescript

gregjsmith wrote:
How would I make a delayed date/time trigger via applescript that executes a applescript?

Indigo's AppleScript model stops short of allowing you to create new triggers. You can enable and disable existing ones (with an optional delay), but not easily create new ones. I've been meaning to add this, but because of all the options available for the triggers it is going to be painful. It is definitely on the list of things to do...

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:09 pm
gregjsmith offline

(No subject)

Is it possible to alter the trigger duration on date/time triggers? If I have a trigger set for 15 mintues can I change it to 10 via applescript?

Posted on
Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:15 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Not currently. Once I expose the trigger objects in AppleScript you'll be able to do all this, but until then you can only enable/disable existing triggers.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:36 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

As detailed in another thread, Indigo now has new AppleScript classes: trigger action, time date action. These allow you to create new triggers and modify existing ones. See the thread link above for AppleScript examples using these new classes.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1