Indigo Speaking an AppleScript

Posted on
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:51 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Indigo Speaking an AppleScript

Yes, I know, dreaded Applescripts. I've basically given up on converting them all to Python. There are just too many
and so interwoven with each other. I don't have it in me to spend weeks reinventing something that for the most part
works exactly as I'd like it to.

I've had a weird thing happening for a while that I haven't had any luck in tracking down. It happens when my
sprinkler system starts by a timer an AppleScript is read...in my case spoken thru my Airfoil system.
I've gone thru every trigger and action associated with the system and can't find anything that could cause it.

Guess I'm hoping there may be somewhere else to look, other than the log, that might point to how it's happening?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:44 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Speaking an AppleScript

ckeyes888 wrote:
I've basically given up on converting them all to Python. There are just too many
and so interwoven with each other. I don't have it in me to spend weeks reinventing something that for the most part
works exactly as I'd like it to.

You're going to be stuck at 7.3 then. Just wanted to let you know what the consequences are.

ckeyes888 wrote:
an AppleScript is read

It's reading the AppleScript code itself? I have NO idea how that could happen.

[EDIT] actually, did you accidentally paste your script text into the Speak field on an action? That would do it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:22 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Carl,

If you've tried converting over some AppleScripts and have run into a problem, then try posting the script over on this sub-forum.

Posted on
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:32 pm
howartp offline

I guess it’s taking instructions literally.

“Tell Indigo.....”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:18 pm
ckeyes888 offline

I recorded what was being spoken and it turns out it wasn’t an AS it was speaking, really sounded like one though, it was part of an action being executed...the “set variable sprinklerStatusText to Running now.”
What made me think it was an actual AS was it also saying “tell application Indigoserver” and “end tell” at the end.

Strange but by deleting and re-entering it it stopped.

Thanks,

Carl
Attachments
C101D4A5-EF0F-42A1-A611-5B8FF79DC092.jpeg
C101D4A5-EF0F-42A1-A611-5B8FF79DC092.jpeg (181.89 KiB) Viewed 2257 times

Page 1 of 1