How to remove "Schedule" ("_auto_off_Kitchen Dimmer")?

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:49 am
Jann offline

How to remove "Schedule" ("_auto_off_Kitchen Dimmer")?

I have a motion detector that automatically turns on Kitchen Dimmer upon sensing motion - and it does an auto-off after 5 minutes... but it drove me CRAZY last night cos the following happened:

I walked into the kitchen, the lights came on, I began making dinner, then the lights would turn off 5 min into the recipe. So I went to turn on the light manually but before I got to the switch, they turned on automatically cos "motion detected!"... of course this meant that they'd turn off in 5 minutes cos of the schedule - no matter if i manually turned on the switch or not..

So today I told the "trigger" to only turn the lights "on" if they weren't on already, thus stopping the trigger from adding the "off after 5 minutes"

BUT what I want to do is have a trigger do the following: IF someone turned on the switch manually, it would delete ALL "Schedules" named "_auto_off_Kitchen Dimmer" then turn the light on (cos this would then mean if i was gonna spend an extended time in the kitchen I could tap the light switch to "on" anytime I was there and it would "erase" any "_auto_off_Kitchen Dimmer" schedules the trigger might have created by my motion.

My light switch is a "Leviton DZ6HD-1BZ Decora Smart 600W Dimmer with Z-Wave Plus Technology" so I don't know if it sends a "on" to indigodomo when it is tapped. I know some models don't ... I also SEEM to remember something about only one company having a copyright/whatever on the "talk-back/announce" feature. So Indigodomo couldn't function with others cos they don't announce their state. Is this right?

Ideas?

Thanks!

Jann

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:01 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: How to remove "Schedule" ("_auto_off_Kitchen Dimmer")?

I have a similar setup and have had similar frustrations. I think what you are looking for is to remove delayed actions:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 12.00.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 12.00.08 PM.png (98.68 KiB) Viewed 2389 times

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:59 pm
fishmg01 offline

Re: How to remove "Schedule" ("_auto_off_Kitchen Dimmer")?

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I have a similar setup and have had similar frustrations. I think what you are looking for is to remove delayed actions:

I am looking at this dimmer as well as the HomeSeer HS-WD200+ Z-Wave Plus RGB Wall Dimmer. Can you give me some idea of just how compatible the Leviton DZ6HD is with Indigo in terms of setting fade rates, including in scenes, controlling minimum/maximum brightness, reporting status, etc? The WiFI version seems pretty robust, and just want to make sure that I don't give up anything if I use the Z-wave version.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1