web acgi feature request

Posted on
Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:46 pm
feinberj offline

web acgi feature request

I have been tinkering with Indigo a little more and I've got the web interface working. Really nice!

I have a feature request. I would like to create a URL for turning my porch light on and off (in order to amuse and "empower" my neighbors!) however I do NOT want them turning my bedroom light on and off at 3 in the morning. So, my request is, can there be a prefs file that specifies what is returned after the action is completed?

For example, I can indeed set up a URL for turning on my porch light:
http://192.168.0.5/cgi-bin/Indigo.acgi?Porch=on

However, when this action is complete it will display the full control list, which will give the neighbors just a little too much power!

Thanks!

John Feinberg

Posted on
Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:53 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: web acgi feature request

How handy are you with AppleScript? You could do this easily by duplicating the Indigo.acgi script and making some slight modifications to it. You would end up with an Indigo.acgi script that you use, and then you would have a stripped down Indigo_stripped.acgi that doesn't return the full control page.

It would be easy to do. Just duplicate the page and strip out the code that builds up the HTML table, while leaving in the code that handles the processing. Even if you aren't an AppleScript guru, you should give it a try. If you get stuck, then let me know and I'll show you which lines to remove.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:41 pm
feinberj offline

re: web acgi feature request

Thanks for the quick response! I assumed that the ACGI was compiled and would not be editable. I was able to duplicate indigo.acgi, and I edited the duplicate i2.acgi so that it gives a plain screen in return.

I used the new acgi to create the page for turning my porch light on and off, and I posted it to the yahoo group that was set up for my block. Already two people have tried it out!

Page 1 of 1