Applescript vs gui built

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:07 pm
t-star offline

Applescript vs gui built

I recently moved and started a new indigo database from scratch. I figured it would be easier than trying to convert everything. However, as a result I have an interesting question. Previously I did long applescripts that did multiple items with conditionals based on the one trigger event. When I rebuilt I created individual trigger events. So now i might have 5 trigger events instead of the one with a complex AppleScript.

Which is the better way to do it from an indigo perspective? Does having more trigger scripts create more load on the system than 1 event with an AppleScript?

If it doesn't matter, is there benefits to doing it one way or the other?

Thanks.

Posted on
Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Applescript vs gui built

I don't expect there to be much of a performance difference. Native conditions are most likely to be faster than AppleScript so if you can move those from AppleScript into the native Conditionals it would probably perform slightly better.

If you're looking to future proof, then reducing your dependence on AppleScript would be the better course of action. AppleScript in Indigo is legacy and hasn't been updated in many years (nor will it be).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1