Turning Off Lights

Posted on
Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:17 pm
Sharek326 offline

Turning Off Lights

Hello,

While still new to this I hope someone can answer a question for me. I also hope I am posting this in the correct forum.

I setup a trigger using a Dimmer and Multisensor to turn on a light in my kitchen. Is there a way through to have the light go off if motion is not detected after a period of time. Either with the triggers or a script. I am really green at this so if so please bare with me.

Posted on
Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:17 pm
Indy_Larry offline

Re: Turning Off Lights

Hey Sharek326 I have a countdown timer (timers and pesters) that starts 45 seconds after motion is no longer detected by the motion sensor. If motion is detected at any time while the countdown timer is counting down, it resets the countdown timer and starts the countdown process over. Once the timer zeros out it fires off a trigger to turn off the lights.

Once the countdown timer reaches 20 seconds I have the lights dim down some, so we know the lights will be turning off if we do not trip the motion sensor. Saves us from having lights turn off if we are still in the room.

I have this in my MBR so I also have to set the condition for the lights not to turn on from motion detection if the house is put into sleep mode. When I first set this up, I got up in the middle of the night and had the MBR lights come on. :o
Last edited by Indy_Larry on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larry

Insteon, Z Wave, Hue, Sonos

Posted on
Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:19 pm
Sharek326 offline

How would I go about doing this ?

Posted on
Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:30 pm
Sharek326 offline

Think I may have it