Poll Devices Applescript No Longer Works

Posted on
Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:49 pm
GRWilde offline

Poll Devices Applescript No Longer Works

I have a linked AppleScript to poll all of my devices which is optionally triggered on startup. It has been working fine, but I notice it has ceased to work with my update to Indigo 6.0.7. Has anything changved that could cause this to happen? All I get now when I trigger it is a log entry that indicates "Poll Devices", but no devices are polled.

George Wilde

Posted on
Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:42 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Poll Devices Applescript No Longer Works

GRWilde wrote:
I have a linked AppleScript to poll all of my devices which is optionally triggered on startup. It has been working fine, but I notice it has ceased to work with my update to Indigo 6.0.7. Has anything changved that could cause this to happen? All I get now when I trigger it is a log entry that indicates "Poll Devices", but no devices are polled.

Nothing has changed on 6.0.7, although there are reports of Mavericks causing problems with AppleScript targeting. So if you recently upgrades your OS that might be the issue. A workaround to get AppleScript working again is to shutdown the Indigo Server then restart it. Apparently launching it twice kicks the OS into working again.

Posted on
Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:37 pm
GRWilde offline

Re: Poll Devices Applescript No Longer Works

Thanks for the suggestion. Restarting Indigo Server caused the AppleScript to begin working again.

George Wilde

Page 1 of 1