script doesn’t understand the message

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:53 pm
nsosnicki offline

script doesn’t understand the message

I've seen a couple of posts related to this error, but nothing that seems to match my scenario.

I have a script in the attachments folder called "CommonFunctions.scpt" In here, I have, well, common functions. Like a Truncate function. I can now include use of these functions in my other Indigo scripts. This has been working for the past 8 years or so.

Now I am getting the following error from scripts that call the truncate function:

script error: «script» doesn’t understand the truncate message. (-1708)

I've tried reloading the attachments, restarting the server, rebooting the box. I've tried disabling the attachment (moving it out of the folder), and moving it back and reloading the attachments. I've confirmed the script works when running in script editor and the function name is correct. Nothing seems to work at this point.

This seems to have started happening only since the last time the box was rebooted yesterday. Before that, I'm not sure how long the uptime was--but it could have been 4 months or so since the last reboot.

Any tips on where to look are appreciated. Unfortunately because I use these functions everywhere in my Indigo installation, this has had a big impact.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.8.4 and Indigo client/server 5.1.8

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:39 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: script doesn’t understand the message

Did that happen to coincide with the 10.8.4 update?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:55 pm
nsheldon offline

nsosnicki wrote:

Some things I'd probably check:

• Make sure the CommonFunctions.scpt file is owned and readable by the same user as the IndigoServer is running under.
  • Make sure the CommonFunctions.scpt and entire folder path to that file is readable by the user running IndigoServer.
  • If all seems correct, try copying the entire contents of the CommonFunctions.scpt file into a new AppleScript file, deleting the CommonFunctions.scpt file then saving the new file with the same "CommonFunctions.scpt" name in the same place (effectively deleting and re-creating the file). Then reload attachments in Indigo.

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:00 pm
nsosnicki offline

nsheldon wrote:
nsosnicki wrote:

If all seems correct, try copying the entire contents of the CommonFunctions.scpt file into a new AppleScript file, deleting the CommonFunctions.scpt file then saving the new file with the same "CommonFunctions.scpt" name in the same place (effectively deleting and re-creating the file). Then reload attachments in Indigo.

That worked. Not exactly sure why because the permission seem to be the same as before.

Thanks a million!

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:08 pm
nsheldon offline

Awesome! Glad that helped. Not sure why it worked either, but it probably has something to do with corrupted file aliases and what not stored in super secret places. :D

Page 1 of 1