[ANSWERED]Thermostat fan control

Posted on
Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:37 pm
jltnol offline

[ANSWERED]Thermostat fan control

Is there a list of the things Applescript can control on a 2214H? I don't see how, for instance, to change the fan mode from Auto On, to On with Applescript... mainly because I can't find where the Applescript reference for the fan is.

At this point I'm pretty sure I can write the script, but don't know where to look for what the device name is for the fan... or what state I need to specify when I want to change it.

Is there a such a list for the thermostat "devices" and "states" somewhere ?

Posted on
Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Thermostat fan control

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to the AppleScript Scripting forum.

The device properties in AppleScript contain a fan mode - which is what you want to set:

Code: Select all
set fan mode of device "Your Device Name" to fanAutoOn
set fan mode of device "Your Device Name" to fanAlwaysOn

Not tested, but it should be close. However, I'd highly recommend using Python instead since it's our scripting language moving forward:

Code: Select all
indigo.thermostat.setFanMode(123, value=indigo.kFanMode.AlwaysOn)  # change 123 to the id of your thermostat
indigo.thermostat.setFanMode(123, value=indigo.kFanMode.Auto)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:18 am
jltnol offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Thermostat fan control

Hey Jay

I actually had seen that web page before, it's been a big help for me... I just didn't read it thoroughly enough to glean the info that I was looking for...but I also see more info that will come in hand for my current script project......

And just curious.... are you planning on dropping support for AppleScript in the future?

Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:34 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We haven't been updating AppleScript with new functionality since Indigo 4. While we don't have any current plans to end support, we don't intend on adding anything else either. We highly recommend that any new scripts be written in Python unless there is specific need to use AppleScript (communication with another app, functionality that isn't yet available in Python).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:35 am
jltnol offline

Thanks.

Understood!

Page 1 of 1