Timeout exception

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:54 am
damiang1 offline

Timeout exception

All of a sudden my Yamaha RX Plugin stopped working today on Sonoma. All I did was clean the caches on my Mac. It has worked great without fail for the last year or so. I went to your GitHub site and d/l your latest 2022.0.2 and that fails (red in Indigo PlugIn list) as well. For the heck of it I d/l the AUS version and strangely that plugin loads but of course I cant use it as its for AUS Yamaha Receivers. Thanks. The following is from the log...

ep 23, 2023 at 10:11:04 AM
Reloading plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.2" using API v3.0
Starting plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.2" (pid 56773)

Yamaha RX Receiver Error Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "plugin.py", line 142, in __init__
File "plugin.py", line 254, in refresh_receiver_list
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/Yahama RX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/__init__.py", line 19, in find
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/Yahama RX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 72, in discover
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/Yahama RX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 83, in rxv_details
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 75, in get
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 529, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 645, in send
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/adapters.py", line 532, in send
type: HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.1.12', port=8008): Read timed out. (read timeout=None)

Stopping plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.2" (pid 56773)
Stopped plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.2"

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:19 am
autolog offline

Re: Yamaha RX Plugin - a/v receiver control

I have posted a new update: Changed plugin filename to YamahaRX

I don't think it will sort the issue out but it gets the code base up-to-date. I moved the receiver initialisation out of the__INIT__ method and into the start method, which is a better place for it.

I changed the plugin name from Yahama RX.indigoPlugin to YahamaRX.indigoPlugin (i.e. removed the space).
In my testing, this name change caused no issues and Indigo will handle it as a normal plugin update.

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:38 am
damiang1 offline

Fixed my loading error as reported here on 9-23-23 but unfortunately Im receiving errors when re-adding AVRs and executing actions.
Last edited by damiang1 on Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:47 am
autolog offline

I am confused :?

I hadn't appreciated that your previous post meant it was all working. :)

So are you testing the new version I just uploaded?

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:10 am
damiang1 offline

I'm Sorry that I was excited and too quick to respond that the plugin now loads but when re-adding the 2 AVRs I am receiving errors as such. I did edit my original post regarding this. Thanks for your efforts Jon and yes Im using the new version posted today

Yamaha RX Receiver Error Error in plugin execution startup:

File "plugin.py", line 149, in startup
File "plugin.py", line 255, in refresh_receiver_list
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/YamahaRX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/__init__.py", line 19, in find
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/YamahaRX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 68, in discover
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/YamahaRX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 79, in rxv_details
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 75, in get
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 529, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 645, in send
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/adapters.py", line 532, in send
type: HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.1.12', port=8008): Read timed out. (read timeout=None)

Yamaha RX Receiver Error Couldn't start device 1040 - it may not be available on the network or the IP address may have changed.
Yamaha RX Receiver Error Couldn't start device 1050 - it may not be available on the network or the IP address may have changed.
Yamaha RX Receiver Error device '1040' isn't available

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:22 am
autolog offline

That's the same error, now being picked up in the Start method (which is why the plugin isn't being stopped this time).

It looks like it is an error with SSDP when it is scanning your network looking for the Yamaha receivers.
Is there anything else you changed on your Mac at the same time you cleared the cache?

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:29 am
autolog offline

One further question: when you first got the error, what version of the plugin were you running?

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:31 am
damiang1 offline

No other changes Jon. I also put the IP address of both manually and no go. I am able to access the AVRs from the webpage server for these Yamaha Receivers with no issue

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:42 am
autolog offline

And the answer to my question above re: version?

What happens when you put in the IP address? Do you get error when the device starts?

EDIT:
I presume the address 192.168.1.12 is your Yamaha Receiver?

If you haven't done so already, it would be worth switching the Yamaha Receivers off, rebooting your router and then once the router is back online, turn on the Yamaha Receivers. You might also consider rebooting your Mac that is running Indigo.

Given that no one else is reporting the issue (at the moment!), it does seem as if it is something related to your network but having said that, I am not ruling out a bug in the plugin.

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:39 am
damiang1 offline

Running your latest plugin posted today v 2022.0.3, No the IP addresses of my respective 2 Yamaha Receivers is 192.168.1.30 and 192.168.1.60, neither work., Rebooted the router and Mac a few times as standard procedure I execute things go awry. Removed and reinstalled the plug-in a number of times in addition to the prefs in Perceptive Automation in Application Support folder. I seen that 192.168.1.12 IP as well and its never been that as I have the above two as static IPs. The 192.168.1.12 is the IP address of my Google Home device. Perhaps there is where the problem lies? One thing I can say as it takes an inordinate amount of time to "try" to locate the devices and mostly fails as it times out. Takes a long time to enable/ disable the plugin too as the MacOS beachball will spin for a while til it loads/unloads. Must be some conflict Im guessing

When I add the 192.168.1.30 manually within your plugin the log reports (even tho I can log right in on that web browser of the receiver at 192.168.1.30). And the receiver also shows up on a network scan at the expected address

Yamaha RX Receiver Error Error in plugin execution GetUiDynamicList:

File "plugin.py", line 209, in get_receiver_list
type: 'Plugin' object has no attribute 'receivers'

Yamaha RX Receiver Error Couldn't start device new device - it may not be available on the network or the IP address may have changed.

Heres what the log reports (the 192.168.1.12) has me baffled as well

Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from io.thechad.indigoplugin.yamaharx for request UiGetValues1
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from io.thechad.indigoplugin.yamaharx for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:37:50 PM

File "plugin.py", line 149, in startup
File "plugin.py", line 255, in refresh_receiver_list
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/YamahaRX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/__init__.py", line 19, in find
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/YamahaRX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 68, in discover
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/YamahaRX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 79, in rxv_details

Error (client) received unexpected packet response UiGetValues1 (waiting for CallPluginFunc)

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:13 pm
autolog offline

Thanks for trying out the restarts etc.

I will take a look at the new errror you got with direct IP entry tomorrow (UK time). :)

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:29 am
damiang1 offline

Jon,

Regret to report your latest post of this plugin on 10-12-23 still yields the same errors. Thanks for your efforts... perhaps the rxv library needs to be updated?

Damian

Oct 12, 2023 at 12:25:59 PM

File "plugin.py", line 151, in startup
File "plugin.py", line 257, in refresh_receiver_list
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins/YamahaRX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/__init__.py", line 19, in find
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins/YamahaRX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 68, in discover
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins/YamahaRX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 79, in rxv_details
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 75, in get
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 529, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 645, in send
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/adapters.py", line 532, in send

Yamaha RX Receiver Error Couldn't start device 1050 - it may not be available on the network or the IP address may have changed.
Yamaha RX Receiver Error device '1050' isn't available

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:24 pm
autolog offline

Hi Damian,
I need to dig deeper into this. :?

It seems that possibly the logic thinks that your Google Home device with IP address .12 is a Yamaha receiver and tries to connect to it.
Otherwise, I can't see why it would do that.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Posted on
Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:37 am
damiang1 offline

Re: Timeout exception

Thanks Jon. I updated the rxv library and it still doesn't work with your plugin v 2023.0.4. What's baffling is after it searches my network for both (I have 2 Yamaha AVRs) putting in the IP manually for either still does not work. Am I missing something in the pip library?

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:48 am
damiang1 offline

Re: Timeout exception

Jon, Found your pre-release 2022.04 on GitHub and these are the errors. Thank you

Loading plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.4" using API v3.0
Starting plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.4" (pid 41070)
Started plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.4"
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from io.thechad.indigoplugin.yamaharx for request UiGetValues1
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from io.thechad.indigoplugin.yamaharx for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Oct 18, 2023 at 8:40:29 AM

File "plugin.py", line 151, in startup
File "plugin.py", line 257, in refresh_receiver_list
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins/YamahaRX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/__init__.py", line 19, in find
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins/YamahaRX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 68, in discover
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins/YamahaRX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 79, in rxv_details
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 75, in get
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 529, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 645, in send
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/adapters.py", line 532, in send

Error (client) received unexpected packet response UiGetValues1 (waiting for CallPluginFunc)

Page 1 of 1