Light Bulb ON/OFF does not appear to work in Indigo Touch

Posted on
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:39 pm
7rdr7 offline

Light Bulb ON/OFF does not appear to work in Indigo Touch

Light Bulb ON/OFF does not appear to work in Indigo Touch or the corresponding HomeKitLinkSiri device, although the brightness slide bar does work on both. All working in the Indigo GUI (ON/OFF & Brightness).
It may have to do with them displaying "100%" brightness when they are in the off-state. Just guessing.

Posted on
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:52 pm
racarter offline

Re: Light Bulb ON/OFF does not appear to work in Indigo Touc

I think I've found the problem. Tuya servers always report the last known brightness value and don't reset it to zero while the bulb is off. It seems that if brightness is non-zero Indigo infers that the bulb is on and changes the onOffState accordingly.

I've added code to force the reported brightness to zero while the bulb is off, which should solve the problem. Updated version now in the plugin store.

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:16 pm
7rdr7 offline

Thanks for the update. I loaded it, and tried it out.
In the Indigo GUI, everything works perfectly. Lights toggle properly, and the brightness reflects the correct status.
In the Indigo Touch app, the brightness now shows "0" when the bulbs are off, but the "on/off" in Indigo Touch still does not toggle the light on or off. It remains in the off state when pressed and does not toggle the lights. If I toggle the lights "on" in the Indigo GUI, it still shows "off" in Indigo Touch. The prior version of software did not toggle the lights either in Indigo Touch, but always showed "on" whether the bulbs were off or on. This behavior is the same in HomeKitLink Siri. So Indigo touch is properly displaying the brightness, but the on'f button still does not work.
Sorry to ramble, hope it makes sense.

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:01 pm
racarter offline

My test bulb works perfectly in Touch, but I was able to replicate your HomeKit problem.

Could you try deleting the bulb from HomeKitLink Bridge and adding it back as a Lightbulb_switch? Does that work? It does for me. (Obviously you won't have the brightness control, but you should be able to switch the lamp on and off.)

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:49 pm
7rdr7 offline

Thanks for the quick response. It must be a bulb specific issue. Indigo Touch is not working for me. Appreciate you investigating. I'm going to use your plugin for the Indigo automation portion and Homebridge TuyaWebPlatform for the UI. They seem to work well together and I get the best of both. Really appreciate this plugin!

Page 1 of 1