Zigbee2mqtt Bridge Beta

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:55 am
autolog offline

Re: Zigbee2mqtt Bridge Beta

So you can see it in Terminal at the moment?

Have you restarted the Mac, is it on the same address as before?

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:02 am
MarcoGT offline

No now I cannot see in the terminal, that is the strange thing

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:37 am
autolog offline

MarcoGT wrote:
No now I cannot see in the terminal, that is the strange thing

Try plugging it into a different USB port

Posted on
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:55 am
CliveS offline

Jon, I was in the process of setting up my old 2014 MacBook Pro Retina with Home Assistant as the Raspberry Pi I was using for Zigbee2MQTT and Mosquitto was getting flaky and trying to set them up on the Mac mini M2 was causing me problems with auto starting so now have HAOS running on the MacBook, no virtual machine needed.
Was going to move Z2M today but read your message elsewhere

autolog wrote:
I have recently started running Home Assistant OS as a VMWare Fusion VM on my M1 Mac mini. I downloaded the haos_generic-aarch64-11.2.vmdk.zip
from here: https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases

The VMWare Fusion Player is free to use for personal use.

In Home Assistant I am running: Mosquitto MQTT broker, Zigbee2mqtt and Node Red. I used to run these in separate terminal sessions. The Zigbee dongle is now connected to the Home Assistant VM.

I run Indigo on the same Mac mini.

I have had to modify my Zigbee2mqtt plugin to handle the minor changes required having turned on the Home Assistant Integration with Zigbee2mqtt. This version is still in development. Having said that, everything seems to be working OK so far.

All in all, the setup and migration has been fairly easy. Probably the most time consuming bit was pointing all my iot devices configured to use MQTT, to the new Mosquitto MQTT broker IP address.

So the question is can I have a copy of the modified Zigbee2mqtt plugin and any tips on setting it up you may have found. I have got the Z2M front end working but obviously with no devices as I have not copied the Z2M database over, think I will have fun doing that.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer