Speak command fails - ffmpeg mising libX11.6.dylib

Posted on
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:09 pm
marcel langelaan offline

Speak command fails - ffmpeg mising libX11.6.dylib

Hello,
When I use in terminal server the command:
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 2023.1/Plugins
A password request follows and after that it get the terminal prompt.

When I try to play a sound via Action Groups I get the error:
Speak command failed. Have you run the UnQuarantine terminal Command? This is need once after update, to use ffmpeg. This one Below:
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins'

Please advice how to proceed, thx in advance

Posted on
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:12 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: HomePod removes the apple quarantine bit

marcel langelaan wrote:
Hello,
When I use in terminal server the command:
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 2023.1/Plugins
A password request follows and after that it get the terminal prompt.

When I try to play a sound via Action Groups I get the error:
Speak command failed. Have you run the UnQuarantine terminal Command? This is need once after update, to use ffmpeg. This one Below:
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins'

Please advice how to proceed, thx in advance

Hi

Double check that the version number of Indigo is right? (for your install) and that is the correct Path for Indigo and plugins. It seems correct…

Quite possible there is another issue at play - if you have run this command and ffmpeg (installed with plugin) is okay.

Would enable debug logging and run the command again. Should give an exception message which hopefully will pinpoint the problem.

Welcome to post here.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:38 pm
marcel langelaan offline

Hello Glen,

Thx for your reply. I have the impression that the install went well and I am running 2023.1. For me it seems correct.
Attached the log.
Looking forward to your reply..

appleTV Plugin Debug (plugin.py:closedPrefsConfigUi:865): logLevel = 5
appleTV Plugin Debug (plugin.py:closedPrefsConfigUi:866): User prefs saved.
appleTV Plugin Debug (plugin.py:closedPrefsConfigUi:867): Debugging on (Level: 5)
Action Group Homepod Groundfloor
appleTV Plugin Debug (plugin.py:speakText_thread:1488): Starting a new thread to manage speak command. Total threads active:2
appleTV Plugin Debug (plugin.py:speakText:1498): Thread: speakText Called configured : True
delayAmount : 900
description : speak annoucement
deviceId : 0
pluginId : com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV
pluginTypeId : speakAnnoucement
props : com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV : (dict)
appleTV : 1341247849 (string)
texttospeak : Hallo dit is de homepod (string)
replaceExisting : True
textToSpeak : & None
appleTV Plugin Speaking Text: Hallo dit is de homepod to appleTV Device ID 1341247849
appleTV Plugin Debug (plugin.py:speakText:1518): Text to Speak is=Hallo dit is de homepod
appleTV Plugin Debug (plugin.py:speakText:1519): Say Command: Return code:0 output:None error:None
appleTV Plugin Debug (plugin.py:speakText:1522): Using File: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1341247849
appleTV Plugin Debug (plugin.py:speakText:1526): ['./ffmpeg/ffmpeg', '-y', '-i', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1341247849.aiff', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1341247849.mp3']
appleTV Plugin Speak command failed. Have you run the UnQuarantine terminal Command? This is need once after update, to use ffmpeg. This one Below:
appleTV Plugin sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins'
appleTV Plugin Debug (plugin.py:speakText:1551): subprocess did not return correctly.
appleTV Plugin Debug (plugin.py: Function: speakText line: 1552): Exception : Message : Logging:
appleTV Plugin Debug Traceback:
File "plugin.py", line 1528, in speakText
p1 = subprocess.run(argstopass,timeout=10, check=True)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/subprocess.py", line 524, in run
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,

appleTV Plugin Debug Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/subprocess.py", line 524, in run
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['./ffmpeg/ffmpeg', '-y', '-i', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1341247849.aiff', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1341247849.mp3']' died with <Signals.SIGABRT: 6>.

appleTV Plugin Debug
Exc_info: (<class 'subprocess.CalledProcessError'>, CalledProcessError(-6, ['./ffmpeg/ffmpeg', '-y', '-i', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1341247849.aiff', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1341247849.mp3']), <traceback object at 0x111bcc240>)
Exc_Text: Traceback (most recent call last):
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['./ffmpeg/ffmpeg', '-y', '-i', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1341247849.aiff', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1341247849.mp3']' died with <Signals.SIGABRT: 6>.
Stack_info: None

Posted on
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:15 pm
GlennNZ offline

HomePod removes the apple quarantine bit

Hi

Unfortunately that hasn't helped what the issue is with either ffmpeg or the files.

Need to run the ffmpeg command in a terminal window and see what the issue is.

Code: Select all
'/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/ffmpeg/ffmpeg' -y -i  '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1341247849.aiff' '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1341247849.mp3'

I believe this is the command - although hard to tell whether any typos...(from me!)

I don't believe there is a debug ffmpeg menu item in the appleTV plugin (like I have in the HomekitLink plugin). I'll look at adding this to help troubleshoot, although that will take a few days. (Done - see next post)

Meanwhile:
Could try the above terminal command
&
Try just playing a mp3 file via the other action group - play file - or similar - will let us know whether a whole system ffmpeg problem or a conversion problem.

Glenn

Posted on
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:10 pm
GlennNZ offline

Further to this

New verison on Github
https://github.com/Ghawken/appleTV-indigoPlugin
Press Green Code button and double click to install

Add ffmpeg logging to chase down what your issue is here.

Run command as usual - and then can go to plugin menu - and select
"Rerun ffmpeg command for logging"

This will rerun the most recent ffmpeg command logging everything to the log window.

Glenn

Posted on
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:49 am
marcel langelaan offline

Hello Glenn,

Thx for your fast replies. Running above command results in:
home@MacstorageIndigo ~ % ffmpeg -i Input.aiff -f mp3 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 192000 -ar 44100 Output.mp3
zsh: command not found: ffmpeg

Using terminal running the information part of the installation procedure, I got the message that ffmpeg doesn't exit (also after I have downloaded and installed ffmpeg)..When I look inside the Apple-TV-plugin i see ffmpeg installed (delivered by the package)

home@MacstorageIndigo ~ % say "Person arrived Home" -o personhome.aiff
home@MacstorageIndigo ~ % ffmpeg -i Input.aiff -f mp3 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 192000 -ar 44100 Output.mp3
zsh: command not found: ffmpeg
home@MacstorageIndigo ~ %

Using the ffmpeg call for debugging Iget the following response:

appleTV Plugin                  Speaking Text: Hallo dit is de homepod to appleTV Device ID 1600470737
   appleTV Plugin                  Speak command failed. Have you run the UnQuarantine terminal Command?  This is need once after update, to use ffmpeg.  This one Below:
   appleTV Plugin                  sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins'
   appleTV Plugin                  Alternatively can try the log ffmpeg output from Menu Item for further information
   appleTV Plugin                  ======================================================= Run Ffmpeg Command =======================================================
   appleTV Plugin                  This will rerun the last ffmpeg command so that output can be checked for errors and reviewed.
   appleTV Plugin                  If you haven't opened converted a file.  It may freeeze and need plugin to be restarted....
   appleTV Plugin                  It will try for 15 seconds, any longer and something is up....
   appleTV Plugin                  Command List to run :
   appleTV Plugin                  ['/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins/appleTV.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ffmpeg/ffmpeg', '-y', '-i', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1600470737.aiff', '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1600470737.mp3']
   appleTV Plugin                  Terminal Command Equivalent (Can copy paste to terminal to try again):
 '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins/appleTV.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ffmpeg/ffmpeg' -y -i '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1600470737.aiff' '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.appleTV/speak/1600470737.mp3'
   appleTV Plugin                  No Timeout:
None
   appleTV Plugin                  No TimeOut: Returned
 dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/libx11/lib/libX11.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/Plugins/appleTV.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ffmpeg/ffmpeg
  Reason: image not found

appleTV Plugin                  =================================================== Run Ffmpeg Command Ended  ====================================================
   appleTV Plugin                  ======================================= Hopefully this provides some troubleshooting help  ========================================

Posted on
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:16 pm
GlennNZ offline

HomePod removes the apple quarantine bit

Ok - we have found the problem!

You don’t need to install and compile ffmpeg and it is possible that that difference in library locations by doing so, has caused this issue.

The problem is

ffmpeg (version installed with plugin) is wanting to find libX11.6.dylib - and can’t find it anywhere. It is looking here: (it is not actually used - but won’t run without it)

/usr/local/opt/libx11/lib/libX11.6.dylib

In the other 2 examples of this issue (one on the main appleTV thread and one in Homekitlink thread if search) this can be best resolved by creating a symbolic link for this missing bit.

If you run:

find / -name libX11.6.dylib

In a terminal window - It should find the missing library file.

Then you need create a symbolic link pointing the missing file to the wished location.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questio ... n-terminal

(Of note you can use the finder to drag and drop files into the terminal window which adds the path details when running the link command )

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:15 am
marcel langelaan offline

Re: Speak command fails - ffmpeg mising libX11.6.dylib

Hello Glenn,

Thx for your support, and time. To be clear, its working :P
I have the pleasure to give you some reflection on the performed actions. As you mentioned below point 1, I have after the different tests installed ffmpeg to see or that was solving the issue, this implies that the issue was not related to the ffmpeg installation.
The test installation was done on an older Mac running with the latest possible OS release Catalina. I have found the libX11.6.dylib file and installed it in the directory as specified. Solved the issue and working. I have repeated the procedure on a Mac with a fresh Sonoma OS, this OS comes not with the libX11.6.dylib file. It seems that you need to install XQuartz. Have copied the libX11.6.dylib file to the specified path, by creating the directories, and its working perfect.
Maybe it is advisable to make the libX11.6.dylib file including creating directories part of the installation package.

I have one additional question, is there a way to define the sound level?

Thx

Posted on
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:24 pm
GlennNZ offline

Good all working.

I’m not sure but the libX11.6.dylib file probably varies depending on the Mac Intel/vs Apple silicon. Plugins really don’t have access to system files and/or directories - so I don’t believe this will be option.

Sound level:
Run a set sound level command before playback.

Glenn

Posted on
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:12 am
marcel langelaan offline

Hello Glenn,

Thx,
Regarding the libX11.6.dylib file, I have installed it on a Mac with intel (Catalina) and a Mac with M1 processor (Sonoma),
I use the same file and its working on both systems, maybe this helps for others.

Again thx

Page 1 of 1