Errors in log when HomePod loses wifi connection

Posted on
Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:11 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Errors in log when HomePod loses wifi connection

To be honest I think that is all expected.

The question will be whether the power button/power status of the device turns off and on. If not, it may relate to some deep sleep setting enabled (which means really never turns off)

We are not informed if change app, only on playback. And even then depends on whether how cheaply the App is written as to whether reports this information. A number of the free live TV apps I use don’t report at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:59 pm
durosity offline

GlennNZ wrote:
We are not informed if change app, only on playback. And even then depends on whether how cheaply the App is written as to whether reports this information. A number of the free live TV apps I use don’t report at all.

Yeah I figured that was likely the reason. This doesn't actually cause me any problems with using the plugin, just thought I'd throw it in as a potential bit of useful information.

GlennNZ wrote:
The question will be whether the power button/power status of the device turns off and on. If not, it may relate to some deep sleep setting enabled (which means really never turns off)

True, although odd that yours seem to be showing the correct state. If you turn yours off using the Siri Remote does the 'last updated' date on the device in indigo change?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:07 pm
GlennNZ offline

Ok - So yours is not showing the correct state?

The device Updated field isn’t really relevant, I don’t update it manually otherwise would be pushing updates all-the-time. Not sure what rules Indigo uses for it to be updated.

If On / Off State is incorrect.
Will either be - Deep Sleep is enabled in your appleTV - eg. device is never off, just sleeping which we are probably reporting as still On.
or
Something else:
Debug log, should show a power status update for the device.
If restart plugin all the login, setup connection logging will fill the screen. After startup that will all settle down and your should only get updates/debug logging with power updates or play updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by GlennNZ on Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:27 pm
durosity offline

Interesting. I'd completely missed the debug options on the plugin. I coulda sworn I looked for them!

It's just thrown up a bit of an interesting response when I send an off command from the plugin:
Code: Select all
   appleTV Plugin Debug            (plugin.py:actionControlDevice:1686): Found correct AppleTV listener/manager. <__main__.appleTVListener object at 0x10a614640> and id 536398447
   appleTV Plugin Debug            (plugin.py:power_off:282): send atc.power turn off command
   appleTV Plugin Debug            (plugin.py:actionControlDevice:1709): Curent powerstate == PowerState.On

Interestingly turning the Apple TV on or off via other means results in no messages in the log.

What would stop it hitting a deep sleep? HomeKit hub perhaps?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:40 pm
GlennNZ offline

Deep sleep is a AppleTV setting I believe, or may have disappeared as can’t find it with quick google.

If not getting Power updates then something is up with the companion protocol connection.

That logging is not one of push listeners for power. It is simply the action of the power command you have run on Indigo.

Might need startup logging - where plugin checks and connects to MRP, Companion, RAOP, Airplay protocols and sets up the push listeners.

Glenn

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:43 am
durosity offline

I’m gonna pop this to the side at the moment as I want to spend some time diagnosing this but I’ve got a horrible inner ear infection that just leaving me feeling nauseous all the time so I really don’t have the energy for it right now. I suspect that this is something to do with pyatv though.

I really appreciate your help with this though, and the great news is that the HomePod that kept causing errors when it dropped off the network no longer causes errors, so that’s also great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.