Shelly Add-on

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:47 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Shelly Add-on

I've attached the Shelly Add-on to a Shelly Plus1PM. To the add-on, I've attached a DS18B20 temperature sensor. I'm able to see the temperature on the Shelly App. Is it possible to extract the data into Indigo?

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:17 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

Re: Shelly Add-on

SMUSEBY wrote:
I've attached the Shelly Add-on to a Shelly Plus1PM. To the add-on, I've attached a DS18B20 temperature sensor. I'm able to see the temperature on the Shelly App. Is it possible to extract the data into Indigo?

It's possible and Shelly has a nice MQTT api for extracting the data from the various sensors. I want to get the handful of remaining devices supported while I think of how to represent the add-on devices in Indigo.

My immediate thought is to have a configuration section for add-ons within a supported device's configuration UI. There would be a dropdown that shows the list of detected sensors, and a button that creates a sensor device based on which sensor you have selected. Kind of like how the HomeKit plugins work - you selectively add devices from the Indigo list into HomeKit.

I'll try to keep whatever I do as simple as possible since the add-on sensors can be pretty dynamic. It's not like adding support for a Shelly Plus 1 has exactly 1 of "this" and 2 "that"'s.

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:28 pm
SMUSEBY offline

That sounds perfect. Thank you.

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:11 pm
SMUSEBY offline

The MQTT plug-in supports the Shelly Add-on devices. Would it be possible to add them to the NGMQTT plug-in?
Thanks.

Page 1 of 1