Error in log

Posted on
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:10 pm
berkinet offline

Error in log

FYI: I am seeing the following error in the Indigo log at irregular intervals:
Code: Select all
   ShellyNGMQTT Error              Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 80, in runConcurrentThread
Exception: ServerCommunicationError -- timeout waiting for response

ShellyNGMQTT Error              plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
I am using MQTT Connector, v2022.1.1
ShellyNGMQTT restarts with no immediate errors.

EDIT: This appears to be the same error as reported in viewtopic.php?f=376&t=27103 Nite the Indigo server does not sleep. If this is simply caused by a set of normal conditions, perhaps the error just needs to be trapped and replaced with a short pause.

Posted on
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:14 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

Re: Error in log

This is "normal" and isn't indicative of an issue with the plugin itself. This is an indicator that there was an internal networking issue on the machine running the Indigo server. This plugin and ShellyMQTT rely on Indigo inter-plugin communication bus, which itself relies on the Mac's internal network. I see the now and then myself, but much less after upgrading to a newer machine.

It should be noted that these do not cause the plugin to hang or crash. The plugin will continually reconnect to the Indigo communication bus on any disconnect.

Posted on
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:14 am
berkinet offline

Re: Error in log

I figured as much. Is there a reason you are not trapping the error?

Page 1 of 1