Interest in Next-gen Shelly Devices

Posted on
Wed May 04, 2022 6:22 am
CliveS offline

Re: Interest in Next-gen Shelly Devices

Colly wrote:
Should you not get your toys in the walls etc before decorating?? :lol:

It is a good idea but not when testing an Alpha version vs the grief I would get.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Wed May 04, 2022 7:48 am
tazswe offline

Have been away for a couple of days but could finnaly test the new plugin.

I have tested the following on my test bench:
Plus 1
Plus 1 PM (without load)
Plus I4

All of them are working and I will install them for further test.

I have also got a Shelly Plus 2 PM that I havnt tested.
Maybe it could be included in the Beta version :wink:

Thanks a lot Aaron for a great plugin.

Posted on
Wed May 04, 2022 8:47 am
Colly offline

tazswe wrote:

Plus 1
Plus 1 PM (without load)
Plus I4

Did you get double press trigger to work or just if i4 states changes?

Posted on
Wed May 04, 2022 10:21 am
tazswe offline

I cant make a trigger based on double or long push.

Indigo log just show: No handler for event ´'double push'

Posted on
Wed May 04, 2022 3:35 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

Colly wrote:
Success - the individual inputs are now being seen by Indigo :D

Fantastic, I was running out of ideas for what was going on.

Colly wrote:
Next step. What about triggering on the 3 different click options? Single, Double & Long? When I set up a trigger for ShellyMQTT Event I cannot select the i4 device.

That will be one of the next things added, probably in 0.3.0. This version (0.2.0) is getting the switches and inputs sending and receiving data correctly, which you can now see with the state icon changing when you press a button or flip a switch. I have log messages as placeholders to show when the device receives a single_push, double_push, or long_push. And the btn_up and btn_down are being processed and changing the state icon. All 5 of these will be exposed as events for triggers (in 0.3.0).

tazswe wrote:

Plus 1
Plus 1 PM (without load)
Plus I4

I'm glad it is working for you! I received a nice package from Shelly USA with some samples, so I have some PM devices I can test with too. 0.3.0 should have support for the power monitoring features and I will create a Plus 1 PM device that you can pick.

CliveS wrote:
Colly wrote:
Should you not get your toys in the walls etc before decorating?? :lol:

It is a good idea but not when testing an Alpha version vs the grief I would get.

If it helps, we can call it a beta now :lol:

Let me know if anyone tries out the configuration of the System section on a main device, or the settings of a Switch or Input. It looks like I should be able to make any setting in the Web UI available directly in Indigo. I don't know how useful some of that will be since you still have to use the Web UI to connect the device to the WiFi and MQTT Broker.

Posted on
Thu May 05, 2022 7:09 am
tazswe offline

What is important to me is that it must not be the case that you change the system plugin but that it is not updated in Web Ui. For me, it is enough that the adjustments are made in Web Ui as I have to go in there and set mqtt.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri May 06, 2022 8:31 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

On to 0.3.0 now. The latest code (https://github.com/AaronLionsheep/Shell ... /0.3.0.zip) now includes the 5 input events that can be used in triggers. They can be found under the "ShellyNGMQTT Event" option for the trigger type. All events have the same config UI where you pick an Indigo device. Only devices that are inputs are shown.

Shelly Plus 1 PM support will be out shortly in this version.

Posted on
Tue May 10, 2022 2:02 am
tazswe offline

Tested the I4 with the latest version and it’s working according to plan.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 9:41 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

I feel like the Switch and Input components are fairly mature now, so I added most of the remaining Shelly models in the latest version: https://github.com/AaronLionsheep/Shell ... /0.3.0.zip

This should include power monitoring as well, but I'm not 100% confident that Indigo will pick up the device definitions correctly. I also don't have any AC loads connected to my PM devices, so I haven't verified that the power monitoring is being loaded into Indigo correctly. There are some additional states included in the switch PM devices that Indigo doesn't natively show. These include the current, voltage, and power factor.

Temperature states were also added to all Switch components. I included both Celsius and Fahrenheit states to simplify configuration. There is a bug that I'm still working out where the temperature is not updating on the PM devices.

I have been able to verify the Input and Switch components are working correctly for:
  • Shelly Plus 1
  • Shelly Plus 1 PM
  • Shelly Pro 1
  • Shelly Pro 1 PM
  • Shelly Pro 2

Please let me know if the power monitoring is working correctly on any of the PM devices.

Thanks,
Aaron

Posted on
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:00 am
aaronlionsheep offline

Hi all,

It has been a while, but I made some final updates/bug fixes for 0.3.0 (https://github.com/AaronLionsheep/Shell ... /0.3.0.zip). Power monitoring for devices should now be working if anyone has devices to test that capability.

I will begin working on 0.4.0 which should add support for more utilities such as firmware updates and configuring which parts of a device you want exposed to Indigo (maybe you are only utilizing 1 Switch and 2 inputs of a Pro 2PM).

There are a few new devices that I will also be adding support for. The list is currently:
  • Plus Plug US
  • Plus H&T
  • Plus WallDimmer
  • Pro 3

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:11 pm
pgershon offline

Where do I find latest version? I am unable to load the one linked here, but I believe it is also the one I use.

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:59 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

pgershon wrote:
Where do I find latest version? I am unable to load the one linked here, but I believe it is also the one I use.

I don't have this plugin on the Plugin Store yet, but the releases can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/AaronLionsheep/ShellyNGMQTT/releases

There is a "Assets" section you can expand and download the zip file. This is the direct link to the latest release: https://github.com/AaronLionsheep/Shell ... /0.3.0.zip

Posted on
Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:53 am
siclark offline

Hi Aaron, have you looked into supporting the Shelly TRV yet? I would love to be able to switch out all my Spirit zwave TRVs for the Shelly one.

Posted on
Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:43 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

siclark wrote:
Hi Aaron, have you looked into supporting the Shelly TRV yet? I would love to be able to switch out all my Spirit zwave TRVs for the Shelly one.

Sure! You are the first person to request it, so do you mind being a tester? All I have to go off of is Shelly's documentation, and we've seen some minor discrepancies before. This looks like it would be added to the ShellyMQTT plugin as it is not a "plus/pro" device.

Posted on
Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:49 am
siclark offline

Ok. I’ll let you know if I get one to test. Still not quite sure what my next solution is for heating but the spirit zwave TRVs have to go. Can’t stand 30 seconds wait for automations if they are busy reporting status slowly