AD2USB Alarm Interface Plugin Releases

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:28 pm
ab39870 offline

AD2USB Alarm Interface Plugin Releases

Version 3.1.0 released. This release is mostly "under the hood" changes in preparation of compatibility with the new firmware version. It focused on ensuring multiple keypads could be supported and other message processing changes. This release also separates the AlarmDecoder configuration from the Plugin Configuration. Two bugs are also fixed. Thanks to users roquej and hensed for reporting these.

As always, I recommend reading the release notes and (re)reading the README. Both are on GitHub: https://github.com/bla260/ad2usb

Posted on
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:07 pm
ab39870 offline

AD2USB Alarm Interface Plugin Release 3.2.0

This release is all about asking the community for some assistance. So it may be considered a BETA and may not be for everyone. This latest version now supports the latest AlarmDecoder firmware, finishing the two changes of Python 3 and new firmware compatibility. But there were some challenges with the support of the new firmware. The plugin's Triggers depend on specific message formats (LRR messages) that changed with the new firmware. To identify what these messages look like, I needed to create alarm panel events for each of the events below and capture the specific code used for each event. I am unable to quickly or easily generate these events on a real alarm panel such that I could see the exact LRR message syntax for each of the possible Trigger events and update the code. The list of these events is below.

AC Power Lost
    AC Power Restore
    Battery low
    Battery Restore
    RF Battery low
    RF Battery Restore
    Trouble
    Trouble Restore
    Panic Alarm
    Fire Alarm
    Audible Alarm
    Silent Alarm
    Entry Alarm
    Aux Alarm
    Perimeter Alarm

It is important to read the release notes carefully before upgrading to this release. This release only supports a few of the Trigger events if you are upgrading to the new firmware. I am hoping the community can "fill in the blanks" for the remaining LRR message syntaxes for each of the events above. This version will write into the Event Log any and all LRR messages it does not recognize with the idea these WARNING messages can be shared on the User Forum. The plugin is designed such that once the message syntax is understood for these events, releases can be in quick succession.

If you sticking with the version 2.2a.6 of the firmware none of the above matters - the Plugin will continue to recognize all the Trigger events it did before. The limitation is only once the new AlarmDecoder firmware is applied.

If upgrading the firmware, the upgrade process is:

1. Stop the plugin.
2. Upgrade the plugin.
3. If the plugin starts, stop it.
4. Upgrade the AlarmDecoder firmware
5. Stop and then star the plugin.

Please read the release notes and review the updated README.

Release Notes: https://github.com/bla260/ad2usb/blob/m ... e_Notes.md

README: https://github.com/bla260/ad2usb

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:15 am
ab39870 offline

AD2USB Alarm Interface Plugin Release 3.2.1

Version 3.2.1 released. This minor release changes the Keypad Custom state AC Power (acPower) from values 1/0 to On/Off for better clarity. While my own testing showed that you shouldn't need to update any Device Triggers based on this state since it remains a Boolean type, it never hurts to double check and/or re-save the Trigger to be sure. This release also adds a few more LRR codes for the newer firmware version (see the release notes). These LRR events will no longer log WARNING messages. Interestingly, from my own testing and research, VISTA panels will only report this AC Power and AC Restore LRR events after a random delay of up to 4 hours. So if you've wondered why these never worked in the past - or a trigger based on the panel System Event didn't respond in a timely manner; this may explain why. An alternative is to create a Device State Changed Trigger on the Keypad Device where the state "AC Power" becomes "Off" for loss of power; or "On" when power is restored.

As always, I recommend reading the Release Notes and (re)reading the README. Both are on GitHub: https://github.com/bla260/ad2usb

Page 1 of 1