Error - socket disconnected

Posted on
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:21 am
roquej offline

Error - socket disconnected

Started getting this error:

AD2USB Alarm Interface Error Error reading from AlarmPanel:reading bytes from serial object - error:read failed: socket disconnected

This is an AD2PI

Suggestions?

JP

Posted on
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:39 pm
ab39870 offline

Re: Error - socket disconnected

It's an error when the Plugin can no longer communicate with the AlarmDecoder (IP or USB). It may self recover from this state if the AlarmDecoder resumes communication. It doesn't look like the Plugin will attempt to reset the communication when it encounters this error and I think I should add that feature. I need to look into that in more detail.

This error really shouldn't happen unless there is some break in network connectivity between the Mac and the Pi.

Two things. The first is probably obvious but I would Disable and Enable the Plugin on this error to force a reset of the connection. If it doesn't resume communication or this error continues to happen on a regular basis then I would test communication between the Mac and the Pi using some other tool (telnet, curl, ....).

Posted on
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:06 pm
ab39870 offline

I added an automatic port reset on this error to version 3.1.0 that I plan to release in a few weeks. That may help handle the error more gracefully.

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:51 am
ab39870 offline

Interesting enough I just logged into my production panel/system and had the same error message. Looks like it lost connectivity at some point and failed to reconnect for several days. This could be unique to 3.0 since its running on Python 3.0 and different commands to read the serial port. Unfortunately I had not installed 3.1.0 BETA yet.

Posted on
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:53 pm
ab39870 offline

Version 3.1 has been released that should address, or rather self recover, from this issue. I have it installed and plan on setting up some logging to monitor the success of the fix.

Page 1 of 1