Initial configuration question

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:39 pm
AutoMation01 offline

Re: Initial configuration question

Greetings ....

YES ! I am happy to report that the newly downloaded version does the trick. And ... Yes ... I can confirm that my configuration does have a case sensitive file system.

Thank you much for hanging in there with me and for figuring this out.

I appreciate your support and the fix !!!!!

Best regards

:D :D :D

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

AutoMation01 wrote:
I can confirm that my configuration does have a case sensitive file system.

If you don't mind my asking, why? This is a very rare configuration in our experience...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:57 pm
autolog offline

AutoMation01 wrote:
... Thank you much for hanging in there with me and for figuring this out.

You need to thank @jay as well as he was the one who suggested the solution when I turned to him for help - Thanks Jay :D

Thanks for letting us know it is working for you and I will be interested in your feedback on the plugin. :)

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:21 pm
AutoMation01 offline

Thanks Jay!

I wish there was a great reason to share for why I have not reformatted and reloaded without case sensitivity, but at the end of the day, there is not..... :(

The machine in question was inherited this way from a video production company who thought that they needed this for something they were writing. I simply have never got around to changing it.

I fully agree that it is extremely rare to have legitimate needs and this formatting and this one is no exception. The mixed case FS only tends to create support issues as exemplified here. Sorry to drag you all through this and do appreciate your insights in chasing this down.

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:11 pm
AutoMation01 offline

Am moving forward with additional testing now that the menu is working. Seems that I am now hitting an error in accessing my Starling device.

I enabled both http and https access in the developer section of the Starling and created my access key. The Starling is ping-able from the Indigo server machine. Am getting this error in the log when I restart the plugin.

I have debug enabled on the plugin, is there anything I can enable to flush out additional details on what the HTTP error may be?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 5.08.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 5.08.03 PM.png (333.69 KiB) Viewed 1651 times
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.55.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.55.09 PM.png (133.28 KiB) Viewed 1651 times

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:02 pm
AutoMation01 offline

FWIW .... I am able to verify the Starling developers connection configuration via web browser and the API string (https://192.168.10.60:3080/api/connect/ ... =xxxxxxxxx) passing the key configured in the Starling.

This works using HTTPS or HTTP depending on the appropriate port passed in the url as defined and matched in the Starling developers connection. So it appears the Starling is accessible from this machine. Not sure why the Plugin might be reporting an HTTP access issue and not enabling the device.

Looks like your code is setup to try either type, I assume this is based on the the TLS / SSL switch in the config?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 5.51.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 5.51.38 PM.png (38.64 KiB) Viewed 1657 times

Posted on
Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:32 am
autolog offline

I suspect that the Key you have entered into the Starling Bridge Hub device is incorrect?

I have updated the plugin to provide more helpful detail as to the specifics of the error, new version on Github: Expand HTTP Error Message

It might be best to type in the Key rather than copy and paste from the Starling Bridge web page?

Posted on
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:23 am
AutoMation01 offline

Greetings Jon,
Thanks for the expanded error information. I typed the key in rather than cut and paste, am getting the same error.

Here is the log entry of the expanded error infomation returned:

"Starling Bridge Error Access Starling Hub failed: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://192-168-10-60.local.starling.di ... ort%203080)%0Acheck_circle%0A%0AEnable%20HTTPS%20access%20(port%203443)%0AMY%20API%20KEYS%20help%0AAPI%20Key%0AName%0Aa6659d9RGv87"

I can copy this part directly out of the error message "https://192-168-10-60.local.starling.direct:3443/api/connect/v1/status?key=xxxmykeyherexxx" and paste as url in a web browser and the bridge API responds with:

{"apiVersion":2.4,"apiReady":true,"connectedToNest":true,"appName":"Indigo Starling Plugin","permissions":{"read":true,"write":true,"camera":true}}

This leads me to believe that the starling bridge configuration and key are working and recognized by the Starling bridge. Seems that when the parameters are passed from the plugin the server returns unauthorized but authorizes fine when the same parameters are passed via a web browser from the same machine.

Does the expanded error information provide you with any additional insights on what may be occurring in this area?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 6.13.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 6.13.19 AM.png (105.13 KiB) Viewed 1625 times

Posted on
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:36 am
autolog offline

When I force an error by putting in the incorrect Key, I get an error of the form:
Code: Select all
Starling Bridge Error           Access Starling Hub failed: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://<STARLING IP ADDRESS>.local.starling.direct:3443/api/connect/v1/status?key=ABCDEFGHIJK

Your failing response has a lot more information in it.

I guess we need to understand why that is, because that is probably causing the failure?

Posted on
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:44 am
autolog offline

Looking again at what is being returned in your case, it looks like the key is definitely wrong.

If you originally copied and pasted the key, can you check that there aren't any additional hidden lines in the key field when the key was entered caused byone or more line feeds.

To be sure, select-all | CMD-A the key field and delete it. Then re-enter and try again.

I am unable to reproduce the error at the moment.

If necessary I will produce another version to print out (to the Indigo Event Log) the key used to access the Starling Bridge before it tries to connect. :)

Posted on
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:06 am
AutoMation01 offline

Yep ... That is it.

Looking back at the extra stuff coming back in the error text ... It appears the original cut and paste picked up a bunch of xml stuff that was still being registered in field within the configuration file. That also explains why, if I posted the bit through the browser (stopping right after the key) that it was working there, as that eliminated all of the extra junk that was stuck in the field.

All is enable and working now.

Many thanks once again Jon .... Your patience and support in helping me through the "stupid user tricks" is greatly appreciated :-)

Posted on
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:14 am
autolog offline

AutoMation01 wrote:
... Many thanks once again Jon .... Your patience and support in helping me through the "stupid user tricks" is greatly appreciated :-)

I think that one was quite difficult to spot as it isn't obvious from looking at the dialogue.

I might put in a warning message saying how long the key is as a reasonability check - I will add that to the To-Do list.

Good to hear you are now connected. :)