Action collection error

Posted on
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:24 pm
Different Computers online

Action collection error

Code: Select all
   Action Collection Error         couldn't set brightness of device id 1361545668, check to make sure it's still available.

This isn't messing anything up, but it does pop up in the log now and then. I just went through every one of my Hue devices and could not find anything with that device ID. How can I track this down?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:50 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Action collection error

That's the Indigo ID, not the Hue address...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:33 pm

Hmmmm... OK. My question remains though. Also when I search my Devices for that ID, no result. When I sort all my devices by ID, no device with that number is in evidence.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:01 am
FlyingDiver offline

Different Computers wrote:
Hmmmm... OK. My question remains though. Also when I search my Devices for that ID, no result. When I sort all my devices by ID, no device with that number is in evidence.

Well, that's the error message isn't it? Something in the action group is referencing a device (with that ID) that no longer exists.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:01 am

Absolutely. Trouble is the deleted device seems to be in an action group (or something else) that doesn't show any activity in the log. So I can't find the bit of code trying to to reach the deleted device.

Posted on
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:26 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You can open the Indigo database file in a raw text editor and then search for that ID number in the XML (recommended you do this on a backup of the database). Then you can try to find the <Name> for the enclosing object in the XML. If you need help then copy/paste a chunk of the XML around the ID, including a few dozen lines both before and after the ID.

Posted on
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:43 am

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1