Hue plug-in/bridge do not auto-reconnect after power outage

Posted on
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:25 am
gregbr offline

Hue plug-in/bridge do not auto-reconnect after power outage

I am using all the latest versions of Indigo and the Hue Lights plug-in. I live in a rural area where short power outages of a second or less are not frequent, but not unusual either. I have a UPS connected to the system and to the Hue bridge.

Every few days I notice that the Hue Bridge has been disconnected from Indigo when the lights are not functioning as programmed. I am easily able to manually reconnect the bridge to Indigo but it is frustrating to be doing this all the time.

Is there no way for Indigo and the Hue Bridge to reconnect after power outages without my button-pushing intervention?

Greg

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:29 am
kw123 offline

Re: Hue plug-in/bridge do not auto-reconnect after power out

So you have to re link indigo to the hue bridge?

If you just have one you can go to the hue web page(https://account.meethue.com) and check your authorizations

If you have relinked that many times there should be a lot entries. You can delete all and relink once

The plugin uses the last authorization code to connect. It should not loose that one. At least I have not seen that

So clean up on the web page and screen copy the active auto code. Then when it happens again check if the code is still there or if it is gone

If it is still there it should work. When you restart the plugin it should print the auth code. Or use the menu print option.

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:32 am
gregbr offline

Ok i didn't see anything specifically mentioning "authorizations" but found an "applications" area on meethue.com (My Philips Hue System) with approx 30+ entries for Indigo Hue Lights. I removed them all, then re-paired the bridge and a new entry for Indigo Hue Lights appeared.

To test I disconnected the power from the bridge, re-powered it and the bridge appears to have been automatically detected in Indigo. It's looking like success!

The next power outage will be another test but so far, so good.

Thanks for your assistance!

Greg

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:25 pm
kw123 offline

That’s exactly what I meant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:23 pm
gregbr offline

Well seems to have done the trick, no more issues so far!

Thanks again!

Greg

Page 1 of 1