Newly published devices don't show up in HomeKit

Posted on
Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:53 pm
esb offline

I am running Indigo 2023.2 and HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.61. I just published several additional devices from the plugin however they don't show up in HomeKit. I did click the "Save Device" button as I added each (along with the checkbox at the top to publish to HomeKit). I then clicked Save at the bottom of the panel when I was done. All of the 3 new devices are listed when I select "Show Device Publications" for the HKLS plugin:

Code: Select all
   HomeKitLink Siri                ============================================================ Currently Published Devices / Action Groups ============================================================
   HomeKitLink Siri                BridgeID             DeviceID             Device Name                                        HomeKit Name                             Device Type          Sensor Type/Linked Doorbell
   HomeKitLink Siri                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   HomeKitLink Siri                Bridge ID:139949     1699381956           Back Patio Lights                                  Back Patio Lights                        LightBulb            - None Selected -   
   HomeKitLink Siri                Bridge ID:139949     1907602398           MBR Right Reading Light                            MBR Right Reading Light                  LightBulb            - None Selected -   
   HomeKitLink Siri                Bridge ID:139949     274023489            Patio Lights                                       Patio Lights                             LightBulb            - None Selected -   
   HomeKitLink Siri                Bridge ID:139949     306015735            MBR Left Reading Light                             MBR Left Reading Light                   LightBulb            - None Selected -   
   HomeKitLink Siri                Bridge ID:139949     732658880            Patio Wall Light                                   Patio Wall Light                         LightBulb            - None Selected -   
   HomeKitLink Siri                ======================================================================= 5 HomeKit Device Found=======================================================================
   HomeKitLink Siri                ======================================================== Thats the end of Published Devices / Action Groups =========================================================

Any idea why they won't show up in HomeKit? When I look at the HKLS bridge device in the Home app / Home Settings, it only lists two accessories (which were the first two I had originally added when I set it up).

Posted on
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:34 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

Check the logging option the menu item below the one you have post - “Show devices”, called Check Running / Not running if I remember the wording correctly..

Couple of broad options

1 - They haven’t published
2 - The have and just can’t find them

For 2. Would check the actual bridge device in Home app and click on accessories - should show other connected accessories to this bridge.
When added they default to the default room of the bridge when added, not where the other devices are. So certainly in large install very easy to loose them.

Will presume this isn’t the case, and 1 applies

Bit odd for 2 to be there and 3 to not be there, if connected, onsite (wifi) - unless you have a hub device can’t access offsite. But to test this could try controlling the 2 that show up - that may or may not fail indicating a bigger problem.

Lastly - could be an individual device issue - from selection of options or device type incorrectly selected not compatible. Would check all 3 devices carefully

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:28 am
esb offline

Re: Newly published devices don't show up in HomeKit

When I checked this morning the devices had finally showed up in HomeKit. I don't know how long it took but at least they're there now.

Page 1 of 1