Path to ADT Pulse Support

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:00 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Path to ADT Pulse Support

I recently upgraded to Indigo 2023.2 and with the upgrade to python 3.11 some of my scripts started to fail. One was my script to disable my ADT alarm when my wife's nurse arrives early in the morning and I'm working with the author of the library to possibly fix that. Indigo is important here because the assigned nurse and the nurse schedule fluctuates and Indigo can help determine the right trigger. I'm dead asleep and she's unable to react in time due to her disability.

Homebridge has a plugin that works for me to give my iPhone Home App access to turn off the alarm.

Forgive me here, because the ecosystem is confusing. I know I can publish from Indigo to Home to allow Siri access to Indigo devices. but ...

Question: What is the path to allowing Indigo to control devices in child bridges in Homebridge (showing in Home app) ? It might not be through this plugin

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:35 am
GlennNZ offline

Re: Path to ADT Pulse Support

Essentially unless I am missing something - you can’t….but…

Homekit has significant security key exchanges and once established somewhere other automations can’t access Directly. This directly bit is probably relevant.

You can have an Indigo HomekitLink device such as a virtual device or another device type publishd to Home App and Homekit via this plugin. Then within the Home app you have an automation where the state of one device updates this, or vice versa.

e.g.
Indigo Virtual Device or Indigo Dummy device - published as switch to HomeKit via HomekinkLink- ‘Indigos HomeKit Switch’
Publish to Home app and visible there.
Another device unknown to Indigo in Home app. ‘Home Another Device’
In Home app - automation if Indigo HomeKit Swtich becomes on - turn on ‘Home another device’
or vice versa.

This automation happens in Home app completely and that in itself can add some issues, delays, possibly needs a Home Hub etc.

The above - comes with the caveat which is I have no idea what ADT Pulse is, and not completely sure following what you wish to achieve.

Hopefully others can chime in.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:00 am
ryanbuckner offline

ADT Pulse is a home security system which consists of your typical board, sensors, and a small external network adapter so you can access the services using the ADT app or their web page. I have been using their unsupported API, but like I said, python 3.11 has rendered that library unusable for the moment.

So the issue is that I can no longer control my Alarm system using Indigo. But I can control it using a Homebridge. It sounds like you can go from Indigo --> Homebriidge but not the other way around.

Would the Home Assistant plugin help me do this ?

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:21 am
FlyingDiver offline

ryanbuckner wrote:
Would the Home Assistant plugin help me do this ?

I do not see an integration for ADT Pulse on the Home Assistant website, so I don't think so.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:25 am
FlyingDiver offline

Ok, there's a non-bundled integration available through HACS. Which is significantly more involved to install. See https://github.com/rsnodgrass/hass-adtpulse

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:30 pm
ryanbuckner offline

would the Indigo HASS plugin allow Indigo to control Home Assistant plugins?

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:31 pm
FlyingDiver offline

ryanbuckner wrote:
would the Indigo HASS plugin allow Indigo to control Home Assistant plugins?

No. The HASS plugin exports Indigo devices to HA using MQTT. And only a very limited set of devices. For using HA devices in Indigo, you need the Home Assistant Agent (HAA) plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Page 1 of 1