Thermostat triggers/actions via HomeKit UX no longer working

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:40 pm
rbdubz3 offline

Thermostat triggers/actions via HomeKit UX no longer working

For the last couple of months, thermostat actions performed via the HomeKit UX no longer seem to bridge properly to Indigo.. I'm using the Unistat plugin 'Device Unistat' model as a virtual thermostat in order to turn on space heaters/ceiling fans. From my observations, if you change the state via Indigo it is properly updated on the HomeKit UX. Indigo and the Unistat plugin seem to work fine together. However if make changes via Homekit UX such as Thermostat 'Mode' or 'Setpoints', these don't seem to properly relayed back to Indigo.

AFAIK this was working properly until about November. I realize there are several touchpoints here - HomeKit / Unistat Plugin / Homekitlink Siri plugin / Indigo. Anyhow, thought I'd post here in case others have observed the issue..

BTW - i did a quick test with the Ecobee Indigo plugin as a thermostat.. All seems to be working fine with that one. However, from what I see the Unistat plugin hasn't changed since well before my issue (7/17/2022)

Any tips appreciated.

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:08 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Thermostat triggers/actions via HomeKit UX no longer wor

I’ll have a look (at code base)

The HomeKit Link thermostat side hasn’t changed for a very long time - it was bit of a mine-field.

As this is a custom plugin device (?I’m guessing) not a true Indigo Thermostat I would be guessing that was never supported because of this. eg. How sure are you it worked completely previously?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:55 pm
rbdubz3 offline

Thanks GlennZ. In regards to your question about this previously working... i've used this setup for several years - both with the old Homekit plugin and newer HomeKitLink Siri alongside the Unistat virtual thermostat and other Indigo Thermostat plugins - Insteon and Ecobee.. Everything was working ok until late last year. I was a bit busy when I first noticed this issue, with end-of year work/holidays/etc and so I didn't follow-up.

BTW - I have another setup at a second home. I just did a sanity check and it looks like everything is still working fine there.. So not exactly sure as the setups are pretty much the same as my current home. I did another quick check at my current home - it appears the ability to set the Mode is working ok, just the setpoints updates are not relayed from the HomeKit UX.. I may try to setup a brand new Unistat end-to-end to see if that one works.

Please hold off in digging into the code-base just yet.. Let me try a little more debugging on my end. Thanks again!

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:39 pm
rbdubz3 offline

I was able to do a bit more debugging over the weekend. Looks like ONLY the setpoint change events done from HomeKit are NOT bridged to Indigo
- Unistat plugin events initiated from Indigo seem to bridge fine and reflect properly in HomeKit states - this includes thermostat mode, current temp, and setpoints
- Events initiated from HomeKit are partially working in terms of bridging to Indigo - thermostat mode changes as well as temperature changes seem to work .. When testing setpoint changes via HomeKit, I am not able to see any events triggering in the Indigo logs

Posted on
Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:11 am
GlennNZ offline

Ok.

I’ll presume this is with both installs? Because if with just one install, and other working - then the issues lies somewhere with that install.

The setpointcool, setpointhot code is all there and untouched for a long time.

The Unistat device that you are publishing - is it an Indigo Thermostat? Does it use the set points? If that has changed then won’t be published. Right click and publish device details to log and include would help.

Can enable - Debug Device in the HKLS plugin Config menu. This is only active is selected after running (so resets with restart). Select this device as should show debug info when/if setpoint changed.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1