Posted on
Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:58 pm
katiaf offline

Re: 2023.2

I am also having an issue with this plugin, after upgrading to 2023.2. I have installed the command tools twice (using sudo rm in between). I have also rebooted my computer, but the issue persists.

Here is the error I get:

File "plugin.py", line 43, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Plugins/HomeKitLink-Siri.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/pyhap/accessory_driver.py", line 54, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Plugins/HomeKitLink-Siri.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/pyhap/hap_server.py", line 9, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Plugins/HomeKitLink-Siri.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/pyhap/hap_protocol.py", line 15, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Plugins/HomeKitLink-Siri.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/pyhap/hap_crypto.py", line 7, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Plugins/HomeKitLink-Siri.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/chacha20poly1305_reuseable/__init__.py", line 72, in <module>
type: type 'cryptography.hazmat.bindings._rust.openssl.aead.ChaCha20Poly1305' is not an acceptable base type

Please let me know if you have other troubleshooting steps to try.

Thanks

Posted on
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:00 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

Need the contents of the pluginBundle for homekitlinksiri.indigoPlugin - go to Plugin directory, show contents and Contents of Packages directory, plus within this directory there is a pip-install-sucess.txt file.
Contents of that file.

If Xcode command line tools where not installed initally and you had an original error that will likely be issue. To overcome you need to delete the Packages folder from the Indigo Homekitlink-Siri.indigoBundle. And then reload the plugin

Glenn

Posted on
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:10 pm
GlennNZ offline

Edit:

Should point out that re-downloading the pluginBundle and double clicking - reinstalling will have the same effect as to reset packages and re-download

This will remove the Packages directory (provided plugin running) and reload will reinstall

Code: Select all
rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 2023.2/Plugins/HomeKitLink-Siri.indigoPlugin/Contents/Packages

Posted on
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:12 pm
katiaf offline

Thanks, Glenn. Unfortunately I don't have the file with the error anymore. After writing my previous post, I went back to Indigo and tried downgrading the plugin to a couple of previous versions. The error persisted. Then I saw your message and I upgraded to the latest version one more time to get the txt file, and this time there is no error! Very strange. Thanks!

Oh, I see now. When I did the downgrading and reupgrading it probably had the same effect as deleting the packages. Thanks again!
Last edited by katiaf on Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:14 pm
GlennNZ offline

katiaf wrote:
Thanks, Glenn. Unfortunately I don't have the file with the error anymore. After writing my previous post, I went back to Indigo and tried downgrading the plugin to a couple of previous versions. The error persisted. Then I saw your message and I upgraded to the latest version one more time to get the txt file, and this time there is no error! Very strange. Thanks!

Okay. Closing this thread then, still the Rust/Cargo from samafunk pending.

Posted on
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:24 pm
GlennNZ offline

samafunk wrote:
I installed as others described above, but when I launch the newly updated plugin, I get the error below:
Error Requirements file for "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.60" failed to process correctly, contact the developer with the following information:
Error error: subprocess-exited-with-error
× Preparing metadata (pyproject.toml) did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> [6 lines of output]
Cargo, the Rust package manager, is not installed or is not on PATH.
This package requires Rust and Cargo to compile extensions. Install it through
the system's package manager or via https://rustup.rs/
Checking for Rust toolchain....
[end of output]
note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: metadata-generation-failed
× Encountered error while generating package metadata.
╰─> See above for output.
note: This is an issue with the package mentioned above, not pip.
hint: See above for details.
HomeKitLink Siri Error Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:
File "plugin.py", line 21, in <module>
type: No module named 'ifaddr'
Stopping plugin "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.60" (pid 1063)
I verified that I have the command line tools already installed.
Thank you,
Sam

Try 0.6.61

Downgrades orjson to 3.8.10 which has an appropriate binary for High Sierra and older OSX versions.

If can let us know what system version you are on? and whether this helps or not

Posted on
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:20 pm
samafunk offline

Thanks Glenn, upgrading to 0.6.61 seems to have fixed the issue for my setup.

I am on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 (and associated full version and command line tools of Xcode).

Below is the failure/ error after loading 0.6.60, and the success after upgrading to 0.6.61 (back to back):

Code: Select all
Jan 26, 2024 at 13:08:44
   Disabling plugin "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.60"
   Enabling plugin "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.60" using API v3.4
   Starting plugin "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.60" (pid 3725)
   Processing requirements for plugin "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.60"
   Requirements installing, this may take a few seconds...
   Error                           Requirements file for "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.60" failed to process correctly, contact the developer with the following information:
   Error                             error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Preparing metadata (pyproject.toml) did not run successfully.
  │ exit code: 1
  ╰─> [6 lines of output]

Cargo, the Rust package manager, is not installed or is not on PATH.
      This package requires Rust and Cargo to compile extensions. Install it through
      the system's package manager or via https://rustup.rs/

Checking for Rust toolchain....
      [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: metadata-generation-failed

× Encountered error while generating package metadata.
╰─> See above for output.

note: This is an issue with the package mentioned above, not pip.
hint: See above for details.
   HomeKitLink Siri Error          Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

File "plugin.py", line 21, in <module>
type: No module named 'ifaddr'

Stopping plugin "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.60" (pid 3725)
   Stopped plugin "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.60"

Jan 26, 2024 at 13:14:22
   Upgrading plugin HomeKitLink Siri to newer version 0.6.61 (previous version moved to trash)
   Loading plugin "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.61" using API v3.4
   Starting plugin "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.61" (pid 3765)
   Processing requirements for plugin "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.61"
   Requirements installing, this may take a few seconds...

Jan 26, 2024 at 13:15:15
   Finished installing requirements for "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.61", continuing startup
   HomeKitLink Siri               
   HomeKitLink Siri                ================================================ Initializing New Plugin Session =================================================
   HomeKitLink Siri                Plugin name:                   HomeKitLink Siri
   HomeKitLink Siri                Plugin version:                0.6.61
   HomeKitLink Siri                Plugin ID:                     com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.HomeKitLink-Siri
   HomeKitLink Siri                Indigo version:                2023.2.0
   HomeKitLink Siri                Silicon version:               x86_64
   HomeKitLink Siri                Python version:                3.11.6 (v3.11.6:8b6ee5ba3b, Oct  2 2023, 11:18:21) [Clang 13.0.0 (clang-1300.0.29.30)]
   HomeKitLink Siri                Python Directory:              /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11
   HomeKitLink Siri                FFmpeg :                       /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Plugins/HomeKitLink-Siri.indigoPlugin/Contents/Packages/homekitlink_ffmpeg/ffmpeg_binaries/x86/ffmpeg
   HomeKitLink Siri               
   HomeKitLink Siri                ================================================== End Initializing New Plugin  ==================================================
   Started plugin "HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.61"
   HomeKitLink Siri                Finding devices to publish to HomeKit Given Startup...
   HomeKitLink Siri                Starting accessory HomeKitLink Bridge 951890 with advertised addresses ['192.168.1.32'] with port 51826.
   HomeKitLink Siri                A total of 86 devices are currently selected to be published to HomeKit
   HomeKitLink Siri                86 Home Kit Accessories are now Started.

Thanks for you help, please let me know if I can get any more info for you, but I think this fixed my issue.

Sam