“HomeKitLink-Siri.indigoPlugin” cannot be opened because...

Posted on
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:40 pm
macguyincali offline

I receive the occasional message that states: "“HomeKitLink-Siri.indigoPlugin” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified." and the dialogue offers me a choice of Move to Trash or Cancel. This happens every so often, perhaps when I open or restart Indigo. Is this something to be concerned about?

Posted on
Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:16 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

Likely that refers to the fact the you haven’t run the terminal unquarantine command as outlined in the plugin startup at every version increment of the plugin.

It’s this one from the documentation

Return to the terminal window and copy and paste the below:

This removes the apple quarantine bit for downloaded files and is needed for full function. Very annoyingly unlike the pip3 command it is needed everytime you upgrade! Arghh.. Apple...

Code: Select all
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 2023.1/Plugins

NB: With every update of the plugin this commands needs to be run unfortunately. The plugin will now highlight this correct command when needed after an update.

NB as stated here the version of Indigo may need to be changed.

But as noted the plugin prints in the log the exact command for your system to run.

But as noted does need to be run everything there is a a new install - which is easy to miss.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:24 pm
macguyincali offline

Re: “HomeKitLink-Siri.indigoPlugin” cannot be opened because

Ah of course, the devil is in the details. I may have run this terminal code at one time, but not for every update. Right now I'm running Indigo 2023.1.1 Do I need to adjust the version for the minor updates (2023.1.1) or just the major updates 2023.1

Thanks! macguyincali

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:48 pm
GlennNZ offline

Just copy and paste what the plugin displays. That is the correct path.

If you have missed it - its is the path to Indigo plugins folder currently in use - probably easiest to type the below and THEN drag the correct plugin folder into the terminal window which should fill in the rest for you

Code: Select all
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1