Show QR code is not working

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:47 pm
sfcreatus offline

I've published a device, confirmed in the log window, but when I hit the QR code button, nothing happens.

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:47 pm
GlennNZ offline

As per the instructions.

You will need to close the dialog, when finished adding devices - the bridge doesn’t start until then (and until start no QR code). Then check running and reopen and use the show QR code.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:06 pm
sfcreatus offline

Re: Show QR code is not working

That is what I did. Saved. Closed. Reopened and hit the QR code button.

The log:
Dec 9, 2023 at 4:03:52 PM
HomeKitLink Siri Stopping accessory HomeKitLink Bridge 725064 on addresses ['192.168.50.57'], port 51826.
HomeKitLink Siri Closed the flux capacitor loop.
HomeKitLink Siri Homekit all downstairs lights off has completed full Bridge, Driver and Bridge Thread Shutdown.
HomeKitLink Siri Starting accessory HomeKitLink Bridge 725064 with advertised addresses ['192.168.50.57'] with port 51826.

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:09 pm
GlennNZ offline

In that case - the bridge is not starting successfully., and if not started successfully then QR code will not work, but neither will anything else. So your problem is much bigger.

Most likely because of the nature or state of a published device.

HomeKit doesn’t give error messages (often) it simply does not start.
Typically this occurs if you have tried to publish a device which will not fit within the parameters of the HomeKit device.
eg. a plugin custom indigo device as a light (where there is no state that can be used, or default does not exist)

This is more likely with “show all Options” enabled - this opens up absolutely any option.

Suggest:
If just one device (as you mentioned)
Remove, unpublish device from bridge, save, restart bridge by closing dialog.
Then try again with a simple indigo light device to a homekit light device and see how that goes.

If multiple devices, would disable bridge communication with Indigo - bottom left checkbox on edit page.
Create a new Bridge and try as above.

Posted on
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:29 am
dking4 offline

Re: Show QR code is not working

I was having a similar problem and ended up here on my search. For those interested, you must be on the server computer for the Show QR to work. I was on a workstation and even though the plugin was starting and working, I could not add any new devices. When I went to my server computer, there were several open Safari windows with UR codes waiting for me. This may not be your issue but it was mine.

Page 1 of 1