Lost Notifications on iPhone

Posted on
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:24 pm
Monstergerm offline

After upgrading the Apple HomeKit architecture I no longer receive iPhone Notifications from my HomeKitLinkSiri Indigo devices like garage door. HKLS is on latest version 0.6.29. Going into the Home app > Device > Status there is no mention about Notifications anymore. Are these "not HomeKit certified" Indigo devices incompatible with notifications with the new HomeKit architecture?

Posted on
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:36 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Lost Notifications on iPhone

Hi

Not at all, notifications work, instantly and are one of the key features

There has been no change at the plugin End regarding this. The non-HomeKit certified doesn't mean that much and doesn't change what is available.

Notifications are still received for a number of devices. Locks, Doorbells, Doors, Blinds, Windows, & GarageDoors

This list is just from me checking currently., and isn't exhaustive. (OS 17.1.1)

When you say HomeKit Archiecture - you mean 16.4 ?

Presume either it is a caching aspect or something has happened with the conversion to the new archectiture.

Glenn

Posted on
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:03 pm
Monstergerm offline

Yes, I think it is the Apple HomeKit architecture upgrade 16.4 that came out earlier this year.

All my devices that sent notifications before (Alarm panel, garage doors) no longer show Notifications in the Status and Notifications section of the device.

I do not have a Home Hub, but I think this shouldn't be required as long as I am at home.

Posted on
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:09 pm
GlennNZ offline

At a guess - it may relate to the absence of a hub. A hub became somewhat of a requirement after 16.4 new architecture …

A quick google - hasn’t completely confirmed. Certainly there are some threads about lack of power notification when hub goes out…

Althought the apple documentation does say -
setup Hub to “receive notifications when not at home”

Implying that when at home should be able to.

May be issue of whether Home app on device thinks you are home or not, and whether any caching of this information. eg. may appear after a bit!

Posted on
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:53 am
Monstergerm offline

According to what Apple is posting, a hub should not be required for notifications as long as you are home. I heard from someone else without a hub who is still getting notifications but he is using HK certified devices.
Can you turn your hub off and see what happens to the notification setting under Device status for (a) devices that are HK certified and (b) devices that are using the HKL-Siri bridge?

Page 1 of 1