Aqara Zigbee Motion Sensors only show temperature

Posted on
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:06 am
CliveS offline

Glenn, I am trying to add some Aqara motion sensors to HKLS but unlike other Z-Wave and Zigbee motion sensors the Aqara sensors only show Temperature as an option, no motion.

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 10.51.59.png
Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 10.51.59.png (276.65 KiB) Viewed 562 times

Any suggestions?

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:23 am
GlennNZ offline

If you click ShowAllOptions

You can make the Motion Sensor pretty much anything in homekit. From a Lock to a OccupancySensor to a Motion sensor to a door….

Not to say they all will work… … but if have click showallOptions, select motion sensor and use the True/False state that reflects motion. Then yes it should work.

If you want one device to be a temperature sensor and a motion sensor - you will need to duplicate it somewhere.

The very latest version has some motion sensor updates - which may or may not impact the issue you are seeing. Doesn’t seem the same issue from what you are saying here. Click download code button and use the latest github version - will release very soon.
https://github.com/Ghawken/HomeKitLink-Siri

Glenn

PS

And just double checking, based on the name of Homekitlink Bridge - which sounds quite specific — a single Homekitlink Bridge can have up to 95 Indigo devices published to it. Overall less bridges probably better within reason - but they don’t add much overhead and have been designed to run very independently…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:56 am
CliveS offline

Re: Aqara Zigbee Motion Sensors only show temperature

GlennNZ wrote:
If you click ShowAllOptions

That's what I was getting wrong, I always ticked the box but after I chose the type so did not realise it showed all the options!

GlennNZ wrote:
The very latest version has some motion sensor updates - which may or may not impact the issue you are seeing. Doesn’t seem the same issue from what you are saying here. Click download code button and use the latest github version - will release very soon.
https://github.com/Ghawken/HomeKitLink-Siri

I was already running 0.6.29 so is that the latest or are you releasing another update as you say 'release very soon' but .29 has been out for 2 weeks?

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:59 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Aqara Zigbee Motion Sensors only show temperature

Oops - my mistake forget I had put a store release out - normally try to run for a bit in github alone, but really hard to know how much testing those ‘releases’ get..

Good all sorted - as I said a True/False state device can be any number of True/False type homekit sensor devices.

The risk with showallOptions is if you publish an incompatible device, which will relate to the state used - this homekit bridge will become unresponsive without much messaging, often none. If this happens just unpublish device, wait for its disappearance, and try again.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1