Broken with 2023.1? [Not Broken]

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:05 am
durosity offline

Re: Broken with 2023.1?

Just an idea but would it be possible for Matt/Jay add a function that would let you disable older plugins on newer versions of indigo if it’s found that an update resolves the problem, then show a message in the log saying “update this plugin to version X to use with this version of indigo?” It just seems to be that a lot of the chatter here seems to relate to outdated plugins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:47 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The icons in the Plugins menu already provide this information, and there's a link on each plugin's menu to download the latest version.

Maybe I'm not understanding the request?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:16 am
durosity offline

Oh indeed.. I more meant that something could effectively disable the plugin to force them to update.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:23 am
FlyingDiver offline

durosity wrote:
Oh indeed.. I more meant that something could effectively disable the plugin to force them to update.

Plugins that require specific Indigo versions (identified in the Info.plist file) won't run at all. Red dot, I'm pretty sure.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:19 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

FlyingDiver wrote:
durosity wrote:

Plugins that require specific Indigo versions (identified in the Info.plist file) won't run at all. Red dot, I'm pretty sure.

Correct. Old plugins won’t execute at all. Indigo gets the information it needs from a file in the plug-in bundle to show status in the UI, but it doesn’t do anything else other than that.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:28 pm
durosity offline

Sorry I think I’m not explaining my thoughts here correctly.

So the idea was that if a developer releases an update and then after an indigo update older versions cease to work the developer could update a list of supported versions for that release and it would automatically blacklist it for all installations forcing them to update to the new one.

So let’s say for example FlyingDiver released v2.0 of his epic Occupancy plugin. Then along comes Indigo 2023.2 and something breaks in v1.1 of the plugin. Users keep posting about this issue and the solution is to upgrade to v2. FlyingDiver could then set something that would stop anyone using 2023.2 from using v1.1 and if they try it’ll just come up with a warning in the log that they must update?

It’s really just a throw away idea to keep things up to date as I regularly see issues being posted where the solution is to upgrade the plugin.. just.. the user hasn’t. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:47 am
mikejandreau offline

I've disabled the older plugin and deleted the device, but my Home app still shows a bunch of its devices with no option to delete them.

How can I get rid of them to be able to ad them to HomeKitLink Siri?

Despite deleting the other bridge, I see this when I try to publish my devices.

How do I get rid of that when I've already deleted the bridge and uninstalled the older Homekit Bridge plugin?

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:11 am
mikejandreau offline

I finally had time to sit down and re-do everything.

I deleted the old bridge and plugin.
I went through the HomeKitLink Siri plugin and added all of our devices.
I went into my Home app to add the accessory and scanned the QR code, but it never connected. It finds the Bridge but then gets stuck on the "Connecting..." screen and never gets past it. Eventually the Home app says "Accessory not found, you may need to restart."

What can I try to get it to connect? Needless to say, my wife is not thrilled in having to actually touch lightswitches.

Edit: I never refreshed the QR code from the first time I added it. Just did that and all is (finally) right with the world!