Help with Garage Door

Posted on
Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:09 pm
jalves offline

Help with Garage Door

I've got a garage door that I'm trying to use with HomeKitLink Siri. It worked perfectly with the old plug in showing the proper state and allowing me to open/close it with a touch.
Migrating to HKLS and it seems no matter what I do, the state gets shown inverted. When it's closed Home says it is open. And of course when its open Home says its is closed. Is there a switch or something that can invert these settings?

FWIW this is a z-wave device NGD00Z, if that matters.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:53 pm
jalves offline

Re: Help with Garage Door

Bump. Wondering if anybody else has this problem and what the solution might be.

Jeff

Posted on
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:34 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

This has been discussed a few times - basically HomeKits states for Garagedoors are the reverse of some devices.
https://github.com/Ghawken/HomeKitLink-Siri/issues/7

Options:
1. Use virtual garage door plugin - which actually includes opening/closing/error states and devices are fully compatible with HKLS (plus a motivated plugin author)
2. Use a Masquerade device for garage door for publishing to Homekit, via HomekitLink with reversal of states (simply on/off etc.)
3. Or a VD instead of above

I don't expose inverse switches for everything because particularly for garage door leads to then needing to check absolutely every switch/device/light to see whether inverse set.
(well that was my thinking on keeping communication streamlined and fast, very fast)

Haven't said all that - I have probably broken that rule more recently, and will have a look and see what is doable simply. Until then though the above would be best bets

Glenn

Posted on
Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:42 am
jalves offline

Thanks for the response Glenn! I'll give the work arounds a try.

Jeff

Posted on
Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:07 am
jalves offline

Just reporting back. The Virtual Garage Door Plugin was exactly what I needed. Thanks!!

Jeff

Page 1 of 1