Migrate from HomeKit Bridge?

Posted on
Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:34 am
JonathanKing offline

Migrate from HomeKit Bridge?

Hello,

I guess I wasn't paying much attention and when I upgraded to 2023.1 today realized HomeKit Bridge is now dead and that HomeKitLink Siri is the suggested replacement.

$1,000,000 question: Can I migrate my configuration from HomeKit Bridge to HomeKitLink Siri without having to rebuild the whole thing from scratch?

Thanks,
-jonathan

Posted on
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:31 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Migrate from HomeKit Bridge?

I don’t think so, but I’m unsure. I know I didn’t do that.

The good news is that building from scratch in HKLS is easier than doing it in HKB was. I feared a lot of work when I converted, and instead got it done in relatively little time.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:02 pm
JonathanKing offline

Thank you. I ended up rebuilding manually. The worst part by far was having to redo the work done in the Home app for automations, etc.

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:58 pm
Different Computers offline

Yeah, as much as possible, keep automations inside of Indigo.

There are ways to do it with virtual switches in Indigo shared via HKSL.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1