Exposing Homekit devices to indigo

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:24 pm
tcherna offline

Exposing Homekit devices to indigo

I know that the plugin is one way (indigo devices showing up in homekit) but I found a pretty simple method to have indigo react to native homekit device changes (say device A)

First, create an indigo virtual on/off device (B) for the device (A) you want to track, and use the on and off action group to perform the activities you want indigo to do based on the state of the homekit device.

Now, add this indigo device to homekit using the plugin. I give mine a short name, let's say (Bin).

Then, in homekit, add an automation that tracks a change in the state of the primary homekit device (A) and have it change the state of the exposed indigo device (Bin). When ever the homekit device (A) changes, the virtual device (B) will be controlled via the automation!

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:28 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Exposing Homekit devices to indigo

Thanks for the good description!

Yes that would work - I believe mentioned somewhere else but probably not as well!

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:00 pm
tcherna offline

ah yes, I see that thread now. :)

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:05 pm
djelsewhere offline

I set this up and first thought it wasn't working, but then realized it's just super slow. When I change the state of the virtual device in Indigo, it takes from one to two minutes before I see it change in HomeKit. The other direction works fine. State changes made from HomeKit pop up instantaneously in Indigo. Anyone else have this issue?

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:00 pm
djelsewhere offline

Here's something interesting that might offer some more insight into what's going on. When I toggle the device in Indigo (or flip the associated switch), the command always registers with HomeKit at exactly 58 seconds into the minute. Sometimes it's the very next time the second-hand hits 58, and sometimes it adds an additional minute. But always at the 58-second mark. From the log:

Aug 3, 2023 at 12:43:58
Received INSTEON "dining room - north keypad 2" off (button 1) <-- I turn the Insteon switch off

Aug 3, 2023 at 12:45:58
Sent INSTEON "dining room - north keypad 2" off <-- HomeHit registers the off and turns off the Leviton switch

Aug 3, 2023 at 12:47:00
Received INSTEON "dining room - north keypad 2" on (button 1) <-- I turn the Insteon switch on

Aug 3, 2023 at 12:47:58
Sent INSTEON "dining room - north keypad 2" on <-- HomeHit registers the on and turns on the Leviton switch

Aug 3, 2023 at 12:48:24
Received INSTEON "dining room - north keypad 2" off (button 1) <-- I turn the Insteon switch off through the Indigo interface

Aug 3, 2023 at 12:49:58
Sent INSTEON "dining room - north keypad 2" off <-- HomeHit registers the off and turns off the Leviton switch

Aug 3, 2023 at 12:52:11
Sent INSTEON "dining room - north keypad 2" on <-- I turn the Insteon switch on through the Indigo interface

Aug 3, 2023 at 12:53:58
Sent INSTEON "dining room - north keypad 2" on <-- HomeHit registers the on and turns on the Leviton switch

Page 1 of 1